What does the scepter of fire look like?

Production of artwork for the game by regular contributors takes place here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

zookeeper wrote:And thus it indeed wasn't sooner, but later. :annoyed:

Scepter variations for Konrad (as commander and lord only) ready, as r22388. Shouldn't take me long to do the same for Li'sar, hopefully.

EDIT: These don't include any red glow overlays, btw. I might add them last when I'm otherwise finished with all of these.
Haloes would be a good means to add those overlays, especially because we could vary their brightness, or even make them flicker during standing frames without any modifications to the base unit.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Jetryl wrote:
zookeeper wrote:And thus it indeed wasn't sooner, but later. :annoyed:

Scepter variations for Konrad (as commander and lord only) ready, as r22388. Shouldn't take me long to do the same for Li'sar, hopefully.

EDIT: These don't include any red glow overlays, btw. I might add them last when I'm otherwise finished with all of these.
Haloes would be a good means to add those overlays, especially because we could vary their brightness, or even make them flicker during standing frames without any modifications to the base unit.
Yeah...you just have to manually offset the halo for animations where the scepter moves around, which can be annoying.

Anyways, I've committed scepter frames for Li'sar (except for the princess melee animation, which I think is crappy and didn't want to start messing around with). Didn't work quite as well as I had hoped in the battle princess attack and defend animations, but I don't care much right now as it's still a whole lot better than nothing.