Units that need animations updated for TC

Production of artwork for the game by regular contributors takes place here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jetrel

Units that need animations updated for TC

Post by Jetrel »

In order to delegate this job to other people, I'm making only the base frames for the new team-colored units.

I'd like people to update the old animations to fit the new, team-colored base frames. You don't have to make new animations, just update the old ones to match the new base frames. Here is a list of the units that are not done - please post updates of their animation frames somewhere on the forum. And feel free to post only some of the frames, if doing all of them is too hard.

(Topic unstickied.)

Dwarves:
(none right now)

Humans:
(none right now)

Undead:
(none right now)

Orcs:
(none right now)
Last edited by Jetrel on November 27th, 2006, 8:57 am, edited 47 times in total.
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

A question. I'm about to knock off the last Soulshooter frames and I noticed that in the melee frame (the arrow-stab thingy), there is a transparent swoosh which goes over a couple of areas that are TC'd on your base frame.
I'm not exactly familiar with the technical side of how TC works, I just slap on the magenta and hope for the best, but won't this mess up the RGB values for the TC area 'under' the swoosh when the frame is flattened into a .png?

Hope that garble makes sense
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Zhukov wrote:A question. I'm about to knock off the last Soulshooter frames and I noticed that in the melee frame (the arrow-stab thingy), there is a transparent swoosh which goes over a couple of areas that are TC'd on your base frame.
I'm not exactly familiar with the technical side of how TC works, I just slap on the magenta and hope for the best, but won't this mess up the RGB values for the TC area 'under' the swoosh when the frame is flattened into a .png?
The same problem was pondered upon briefly here. I believe the only proper workaround is to change the swooshes to white (a slightly yellowish one seems to be the norm, although I don't know if the soulshooter uses that), so you can just use the brighter TC colours to represent the swoosh overlapping TC'd parts.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Ranger M wrote:
Zhukov wrote:A week with no response.

I consider myself patient, but I do have my limits.
Just remember that Jetryl has been off for a bit.
The animation looks fine. I'll add all those frames in, and I'll test the theory I had about how to solve the "weapon swoosh" dilemma for the melee frame. If it works, which it should, I'll post it here for you to look at.

And to make one thing clear:
ThankyouThankyouThankyou.

I deeply appreciate you doing these. Frees me up to do things like portraits (I've got a few surprises in the works... ;) ).
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

:) Alrighty - I've just committed the soulshooter (and the orcish warlord and crossbowman). This includes Ranger M's fifth ranged frame.

My "solution" to the swoosh+team color dilemma works ... not perfectly, but a heck of a lot better than I had expected. I just used "very bright" bits of the team-color pallette, superimposed over the areas covered by the swoosh, and they did not, in fact, conflict with the swoosh being off-white. So, I didn't have to change the color of the swoosh.

About the only thing that was wrong was that the obscured parts looked a little bit too bright, but nothing was glaringly, obviously wrong.

And to make things more clear, I've attached the frame in the following thread (linked here, too, though posts in this thread get deleted after a while).
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 942#158942

Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

is there a TC tutorial somewhere on the wiki ?

you should probably add something about that...
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Boucman wrote:Is there a TC tutorial somewhere on the wiki ? You should probably add something about that...
It could also rate a mention somewhere in the swoosh/motion-blur tutorial (which I can't find by the way).

Jetryl: what do you want me to do next? (I tried the Dragoon but it proved...harder then expected.) Is the Master-at-Arms being worked on? If not I would be happy to take a crack at him.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Zhukov wrote:Jetryl: what do you want me to do next? (I tried the Dragoon but it proved...harder then expected.) Is the Master-at-Arms being worked on? If not I would be happy to take a crack at him.
It is actually being worked on, and most of the frames are already done.

However, the duelist, contrary to what is posted above (removing now) is NOT being worked on. Mille said he would, and then kinda petered out.

The duelist also has a lot of frames, and is a rather odious job that I'd like to see vanish - I have a feeling that most neophytes *won't* want to take it on, so if you'd be able to, that would save me the job of doing it.

(Jetryl looks for a moment at all the elves he's going to have to do, and cries softly to himself).
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

Jetryl wrote:However, the duelist, contrary to what is posted above (removing now) is NOT being worked on. Mille said he would, and then kinda petered out.
Ahem...
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 6&start=15
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

torangan wrote:
Jetryl wrote:However, the duelist, contrary to what is posted above (removing now) is NOT being worked on. Mille said he would, and then kinda petered out.
Ahem...
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 6&start=15

Thank you - thank you so much for notifying me of that.

:? Every once in a while, things completely slip under my radar.
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

Well, I miss sometimes to add your attack icons into the changelog. Ah wait, I'm just doing this because nobody else does it. Never took on the job officially. :wink:
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

:? I did not do a great job with the ranged animation on the cavalier... the rest of the frames are good though.

I'm including the ranged animation just in case Jetryl thinks it is a good idea to include these anyway... if not, as is probable, I'm going to keep working on them.
Attachments
cavalier.tar.gz
(48.04 KiB) Downloaded 506 times
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

turin wrote::? I did not do a great job with the ranged animation on the cavalier... the rest of the frames are good though.

I'm including the ranged animation just in case Jetryl thinks it is a good idea to include these anyway... if not, as is probable, I'm going to keep working on them.
yey.

I just took a quick look at the ranged images - they're close enough that it will only take me some 5-10 minutes to fix them, so no worries.

:P I must note that you forgot to give the horse its skirt of chain mail in its defend and attack frames, but again - that's ridiculously easy for me to fix, so no worries.

All told, you've done >90% of the necessary work on these, and it is mighty appreciated.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Jetryl wrote::P I must note that you forgot to give the horse its skirt of chain mail in its defend and attack frames, but again - that's ridiculously easy for me to fix, so no worries.
Um... oops. :P
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

TC frames for male Elf Archer death animation. You might want to work some magic on frame #4, it's kinda screwy.
Attachments
TCdead-male-elfarcher.zip
(9.5 KiB) Downloaded 542 times