Possible forum structure change?

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JW

Possible forum structure change?

Post by JW »

Hi everyone.

I'm new to this community and am having a frustrating time finding all that I'm looking for when it comes to downloadables. Unique units, factions, campaigns, maps all seem to be randomly dispersed around the forums.

I'm aware that many of you have been with this game for many months and have kept up with each advancement easily as there was little addition day-to-day, but for someone like myself who is just really getting into the game it can be quite frustrating trying to find a wide variety of such information as it is piled up in many different forums and threads.

I was hoping that one of the following would happen:

1) A new forum is created for finished products and finished products only. Likely threads for each type of creation.

2) A new thread created for the same pupose in an existing forum that only a forum mod can add to. The mod will take finished products from other threads or from other sources and compile a complete list of all playable and popular items.

3) If neither of these occurs I may take the time and create a thread myself, although this seems less likely as I've found myself spending less time with Wesnoth than I had originally projected.

4) A regular forum member could take on the same responsibility.

This idea is simply to organize the massive amount of Wesnoth data into a workable size that anyone could scan and download what they desire from.

Thank you for the consideration. I hope to see some positive response to this idea.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

All downloads that you really need to pay attention to are available on the Campaign Server, which is accessible in-game. Any download that is not there, is still in development and not even ready for an initial release. You shouldn't touch those unless you are actually going to help develop that project, in which case it will be pretty easy to keep up to date, since it's only one thread.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
scott

Post by scott »

The only real exceptions to turin's statement are maps and replays. There are already "respository threads" for those, but there are too many maps to get them all.

The art is collected into the wiki graphics library, but I don't think it's very reliable.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
insomnia

Post by insomnia »

the forum in generals confuzing coz its near impossible to tell where the stickies end and the actual posts begin
also im sure there are some dead-un needed stickies around

could you move to an invisionfree board as they are much clearer for me, the only problem with invisionfree is uploading isa problem...
scott

Post by scott »

I'm not being mean. Seriously. There's just so much to love about this post that I can't resist.

1. You're saying this is too much work for you to decipher?

edit: the rest really was a little mean. Sorry.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.