"New posts have been made while you were writing" message seems missing

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

"New posts have been made while you were writing" message seems missing

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hello,

Previously, if while you were writing your post, someone else was quicker and wrote a post before you finished, then a warning message showed up when hitting Submit, warning you that new posts have been made, you may want to modify your content before posting.
This message seems gone now, at least it didn't show up while I was replying to a topic, but posts were made while I replied. I'm using Firefox 81.0.1 (64 bit).
Did anyone else notice such an issue?
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Pilauli

Re: "New posts have been made while you were writing" message seems missing

Post by Pilauli »

I can't remember for sure, but I think I saw that message yesterday. Which means it's probably inconsistent.

EDIT: As of today (October 18th, 10:45 PM), I was writing a post in the WML workshop. I was using the field at the bottom of the page, not the more complicated editor and preview area. (Just in case that's significant.) When I finished, but before posting my stuff, it showed me the posts that had been made in the in-between time. So I don't know whether it has been fixed, or whether this is still a symptom of inconsistent issues.
Last edited by Pilauli on October 19th, 2020, 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

The setting for this in phpBB can be enabled for some forums but not others. It might be helpful to know which forum you were posting in. (Was it WML Workshop?)
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Yes, I think so.
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny