Wesnoth's Unit Database

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including support requests and new ideas.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Re: Wesnoth's Unit Database

Postby shadowm » August 30th, 2017, 9:31 pm

The units database has been rebuilt again. I disabled the weekly rebuild for a while because I was working on some changes that partially landed on master and took forever to finish up — sorry about that.

One major feature I just added is that add-ons processed by the database build script may check for the __WMLUNITS__ preprocessor symbol using #ifdef in order to, for example, use special code to optimize (or even entirely disable) the unit tree display however they see fit. For example, version 0.9.17 of my add-on After the Storm exposes a single dummy campaign menu item instead of the usual three, skips including all scenarios and some code that is only relevant for scenario code, and lets wmlunits see the full unit tree for all three episodes with some minor exceptions.

Additionally, a number of bugs have been fixed.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
I also made Wesnoth RCX, a team-color preview tool for artists and content creators.
Elsewhere: shadowmBlogFollow me on Twitter
shadowm
Wesnoth.org Administrator

Re: Wesnoth's Unit Database

Postby The_Gnat » August 31st, 2017, 8:37 am

That is really good!! A while back i looked around for some way to do this, it is great that you have implemented it. :D Thank you!
The_Gnat

Previous

Return to Website