2. Forum registration email not being sent

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

harl

2. Forum registration email not being sent

Post by harl »

Microsoft Windows XP Professional
5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
Wesnoth 1.12.2

A player has recently been griefing me by sending offensive whispers to me and by logging on as harI (with a capitol i, instead of an L) and sending offensive messages to other players. I therefore decided to register that name as well in the hope of preventing further griefing of other players in my name, but the registration activation email is not being sent to me. I have requested it be resent twice now and still nothing.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: 2. Forum registration email not being sent

Post by Iris »

Moved to Website.

Outlook is rejecting our emails again for some reason. I’ve manually activated your alt account to save you more trouble while I figure out what’s their issue this time.

For anyone else having problems, here are the instructions from the last time (two years ago, no idea how much Outlook’s interface changed since then):
shadowm wrote:Here are three possible solutions for this issue:
  1. Add forums@w.o to your contacts.
  2. Whitelist forums@w.o in your email account options → Preventing junk emailSafe and blocked senders page.
  3. Use a different email provider.
(NOTE: Replace w.o with wesnoth.org in the address.)

This is it for the time being. If you still have issues with forum emails after choosing any of the aforementioned options, feel free to send a support request to forums@w.o stating your forums username so we can manually activate your account.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
harl

Re: 2. Forum registration email not being sent

Post by harl »

Thanks.