[request] Increase in the maximum limit of private messages

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

[request] Increase in the maximum limit of private messages

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

The current maximum limit is set at 200. I'm requesting the forum administrators to increase it to 400/500. Since I have a lot of them and I don't like deleting them, particularly because they might contain bits of information which I could need in the future (this happens to me a lot), and have solutions to some WML problems I had encountered.

If the request is denied, is there anyway for the messages to be transferred to my email account(s)?
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Dugi

Re: [request] Increase in the maximum limit of private messa

Post by Dugi »

I'd like to see that too.

If it doesn't get accepted, you can make up to six custom folders and move the PMs there.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Would help even if full pm content would be included in the email notification, so that it is archived there at least.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

The limit of 200 was set years ago, back when we had actual space restrictions for the database. I’m sure 1,000 messages per folder should be more than most people will ever need, but I’d still suggest you back up important messages somewhere else.

Verbatim copies in email notifications wouldn’t do much good in the event that someone entered the wrong address in their profile or their email account was hijacked, and it’s not a built-in option in our board software anyway.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.