no error message concerning large attachments

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

aquileia
Inactive Developer

no error message concerning large attachments

Post by aquileia »

I just tried to attach a 11Mb file to a post. I am not complaining that this failed - I nearly suspected that. But the reaction was rather hard: My post including the already uploaded smaller attachments was erased. And on top of that, I didn't even receive an error message. As shadowm claimed in a former thread that there is such a message, might this be a bug?
Moderator Emeritus

Re: no error message concerning large attachments

Post by 8680 »

I can reproduce this issue. I wrote “foo bar” in the post message textarea, then attached a small file, then attempted to attach an 11-megabyte file. When the upload of the second file seemed to complete and the page reloaded, there were no attachments, nor text in the post message textarea.

(Incidentally, shadowm, if there’s a file named “tmp.NkynporU” containing eleven million null characters floating around on the server, feel free to delete it.)
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: no error message concerning large attachments

Post by Iris »

8680 wrote:(Incidentally, shadowm, if there’s a file named “tmp.NkynporU” containing eleven million null characters floating around on the server, feel free to delete it.)
That’s not likely since the PHP (not phpBB) upload limit for the current configuration is 9M.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.