Servers back up, post any open problems here

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

McShark

Re: Servers back up, post any open problems here

Post by McShark »

:oops: After refreshing the cache the home site works fine, download page was and is no problem for me.
Peter the Great

Post by Peter the Great »

Shadow Master wrote:Peter the Great: huh?
Well, when I first started playing wesnoth, wesnoth would install itself right after the download, so I could Immediately play it. Now when I download it I get a installing tool rather then the actual icon that would normally start the game, so I have to instal it (which tales 5 minutes maximum) before I play. I'm not really opposed to it I'm just wondering why it happened.
Latin:LVDVMAMISI (pronounced Loo-dum amee-C)
French: J'ai perdu le jeu.
English: I lost the game.
DDR

Post by DDR »

Peter the great:

It has always been that way. Maybe you are saving the file instead of running it?
Peter the Great

DDR wrote:Peter the great:

It has always been that way. Maybe you are saving the file instead of running it?
Hmm, I don't know what I'm doing different from what I've always done before, but I'll figure it out so it'll go back to what it used to be.
cool evil

Post by cool evil »

I got the following when i tried to access the wiki just a minute ago:

Code: Select all

Warning: require_once(/home/wesnoth/WWW/html/mw/includes/SiteConfiguration.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/mw/includes/DefaultSettings.php on line 30

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/wesnoth/WWW/html/mw/includes/SiteConfiguration.php' (include_path='.:/home/wesnoth/WWW/html/mw:/home/wesnoth/WWW/html/mw/includes:/home/wesnoth/WWW/html/mw/languages') in /var/www/html/mw/includes/DefaultSettings.php on line 30
Also, there seems to be google ads in the front page, i do not recall seeing that before the server had crashed and moved to a new host.
Have no fear, Vlad is here!
DEATH_is_undead

Post by DEATH_is_undead »

Google adds have been there. You just hadn't noticed.
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.
Corvvs

Post by Corvvs »

They showed up like a month ago, I think.

I noticed that I can post new threads as stickies. I assume this is a bug related to the server crash.

EDIT: just noticed that the two thread in which I have posted so far have dots in their corners. Here's an image to clarify.
Attachments
dots.png
dots.png (32.9 KiB) Viewed 5950 times
"we alone truly exist, ... the shadows we traverse are but projections of our own desires..."

Orbivm ||| The Thread of Ill-Fated Portraits
DEATH_is_undead

Post by DEATH_is_undead »

just noticed that the two thread in which I have posted so far have dots in their corners
No need to clarify, i get the same thing. I assume its with the new server, but not a bug.
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.
Corvvs

Post by Corvvs »

Ah.
"we alone truly exist, ... the shadows we traverse are but projections of our own desires..."

Orbivm ||| The Thread of Ill-Fated Portraits
Peter the Great

The black dots mean you've posted on that thread.

EDIT: oops after I saw SM post I noticed how off track this post was. :oops:
Last edited by Peter the Great on August 10th, 2008, 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

This thread needs moderation.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Here's a list of current issues with the forum:
-about half of the smileys seem broken (images stretched vertically)
-the wesnoth theme is missing the books/scrolls icons
Eolith
Location: Oh, about six or seven different universes at once.

Post by Eolith »

It took me three tries to successfully register. Thus, there are two useless accounts on this server. In the first case, I accidently put in the wrong email address. In the second, I don't know what happened, but the confirmation email was never sent. When I tried to have it resent, the server said that either the username or the email did not exist. Then, when I tried to use that email address for this account, the server said the email was already in use. I cannot recover my password, either. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?
Completed Add-Ons (BfW 1.4): Dark Century (era); From Darkness to Light (campaign); Rise of Toraila (era); Forty Years Exile (campaign); (BfW 1.6.5) Improved Era (era)

In Process (BfW 1.6.5): Crystal of Sight (campaign)
BLM

Post by BLM »

It took me three tries to successfully register. Thus, there are two useless accounts on this server. In the first case, I accidently put in the wrong email address. In the second, I don't know what happened, but the confirmation email was never sent. When I tried to have it resent, the server said that either the username or the email did not exist.
I think that I had the same problem that you had with registering, I forget what username I had used for that account though.
Bawling Little Man...
Eolith
Location: Oh, about six or seven different universes at once.

Post by Eolith »

It is nice to know I am not the only person who had this problem. I wonder what could have caused it?
I nearly lost this account due to a problem with the confirmation email, but resending the confirmation email actually worked this time. I am wondering what else will go wrong.
Completed Add-Ons (BfW 1.4): Dark Century (era); From Darkness to Light (campaign); Rise of Toraila (era); Forty Years Exile (campaign); (BfW 1.6.5) Improved Era (era)

In Process (BfW 1.6.5): Crystal of Sight (campaign)