Contradicting info in the wiki

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dacovale

Contradicting info in the wiki

Post by dacovale »

I was reading through the FAQ, and found this. First it says "After a unit reaches the highest level it can get, every time it gains 100 experience it gains 3 hitpoints. It does not heal when this happens."

A few lines below, it says "The Necrophage eats the corpses of the dead, allowing it to periodically completely heal. Leveling into itself is how this is carried out."

The second quote implies that leveling up does heal the unit, while the first quote clearly says it doesn't. I don't know enough to tell which is correct, so I'm posting here instead of fixing it myself.

While I was writing this post, I suddenly got it. I think. Every level-up up until the AMLA heals the unit, but AMLA level-ups don't. Is that correct?
Because if it is, I'll add a sentence explaining it in the answer. (So the next person doesn't have to reason it out.)
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Both are wrong. The Necrophage used to exclusively full-heal on AMLA, but now it just gains 1 HP every time it makes a kill. All mainline units now full heal when they AMLA (instead of just the Necrophage), as of the most recent development (1.3) versions.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

As of 1.3.something: AMLA requires 150 XP, not 100. AMLA full-heals, just like level-ups do. Necrophage doesn't have any special AMLA, and thus shouldn't be mentioned.

If someone would be as kind as to update that bit on that page, please do.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

zookeeper wrote:Necrophage doesn't have any special AMLA, and thus shouldn't be mentioned.
:shock: That unit just got 50% less cool. :(
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

but turin, it gains hp when it kills things now, as an ability ;)

so it's still kinda cool <_<
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
dacovale

Post by dacovale »

ok, so that's how it's like in the development version, but what about the stable version? after all, the faq should be about the stable version, right?
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

The dev version is going stable as release 1.4.0 very soon - updating the wiki to include information from 1.2.8 is basically pointless, as the 1.2.x versions will be obsolete once 1.4.0 is released.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
db0

Post by db0 »

There is also this
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

dacovale wrote:ok, so that's how it's like in the development version, but what about the stable version? after all, the faq should be about the stable version, right?
As thespaceinvader said, 1.4 will be out reasonably soon (we're in beta now), so we're already updating the wiki to correspond with 1.4 instead.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

zookeeper wrote:
dacovale wrote:ok, so that's how it's like in the development version, but what about the stable version? after all, the faq should be about the stable version, right?
As thespaceinvader said, 1.4 will be out reasonably soon (we're in beta now), so we're already updating the wiki to correspond with 1.4 instead.
Once that's done, perhaps we should fork the wiki, so there's one to keep track of stable and one to keep track of Dev? They'll shortly be synched up, but that won't last for long...
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

irrevenant wrote:
zookeeper wrote: As thespaceinvader said, 1.4 will be out reasonably soon (we're in beta now), so we're already updating the wiki to correspond with 1.4 instead.
Once that's done, perhaps we should fork the wiki, so there's one to keep track of stable and one to keep track of Dev?
No, too messy and error-prone. {{DevFeature}}s and the like are good enough, we just might need to make people apply them better in non-WML contexts.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

zookeeper wrote:No, too messy and error-prone.
How so? (Not necessarily disagreeing, but I'd like to hear the logic involved).