wiki seer request

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

kshinji

wiki seer request

Post by kshinji »

I recently started translating wiki to polish, and i have an idea ho to keep tranlation uptodate. First, we need to add a button or checkbox around the input box where you write what changes you did to the site. It should be checked, if a change is a major one.

I would apprecieted then someone to code a bot, which would be marking all translated pages with a template "unupdated", whenever major change is done to english version.

Then wiki trnalsators owuld simply check whatlinkshere of the template "unpadtaed_pl" or "unupdated+fr", to know what requires their work.

It could be done other way as well - someone could modify wiki to automatically add this template where its needed.

This or that, id like to know if anyone want to give it a try.
User:Kshinji
Probably there's no point for me posting here, but i'll raise my PC to 1337 before leaving again ;P -- just kidding.
scott

Post by scott »

It would be easier for you to write a script.

Code: Select all

curl http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/ReferenceWML | grep "2006"
spits out

Code: Select all

<div id="lastmod"> This page was last modified 16:15, 21 May 2006.</div>    <div class="visualClear"></div>
It would be far easier to ask someone to write a perl script that does this for a list of pages you provide and shows any that have a date later than a date you specify.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.