New Multiplayer maps

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

crimson

New Multiplayer maps

Post by crimson »

hi, iv been around for a week or so now and interested in map making. While there is the random map generator having a few preset maps with marcos would be very good. So iv started to create a few funmaps so far-

Mountain Pass:
Single mountain dividing 2 Keeps with 4 castles on each with a single path through the middle (tried it with a freind and found it very interesting especially when u tried to rush me with assassins down the middle path)

King of the Hill:
Very large hill placed in the middle of the map with players 1 & 2 being able to team up together at the top (or kill each other) and 3 & 4 the same but bottom. As its called king of the hill a single path leads to the middle of the map from each keep and a statue with monoliths as the middle point, along with a keep and 2 castles, who ever has control of the keep (still deciding if it should be a runner or the main heros (the guys who stand on the keep to recruit ppl)). Anyway if u have control of the keep u will get 10 extra gold (maybe changed) per turn.

Now to install this i will create a linux script to do it but for windows it will get crazy because i dont feel like making a program for it. (if u have a idea on how to do this, post a msg, just remember it has to append a line or 2 to a file, not just install files to certain places).

I have also found my 3rd bug during this and ill go post it now at the bugs place :D

Oh and if any one knows (like developers), what would i need to do, to get maps into the future packages?

ill post the maps when i finalize the linux script and complete 'king of the hill'

Crimson
crimson

Mappack1

Post by crimson »

Iv created the first fun mappack
which holds the two maps as mentioned in the message before this:-
- King of the hill
- Mountain Pass
this also holds a linux script to install the 2 files (its my first bash script)
> King of the hill does not have the macro so when u hold the keep in the middle u get 10 gold per turn yet but its fine to play without it. The macro will be in the next mappack release.

Check the attachments

Crimson
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Hi there,

Thanks for the maps :)

We will review them and consider adding them to the official release.

Your "king of the hill" idea sounds interesting, but unfortunately our language doesn't have an easy way to support it.

Fortunately, when something isn't easily supported, I can add support for it :) I have added a "side turn" event which sets 'side_number' to be equal to the side whose turn it is. You can use this event to award the gold. If you want the 'hill' to be at (10,10), you could do it like this:

Code: Select all

[event]
name="side turn"
first_time_only=no
     [if]
           [have_unit]
           side=$side_number
           x=10
           y=10
           [/have_unit]
           [then]
                [gold]
                amount=10
                side=$side_number
                [/gold]
           [/then]
     [/if]
[/event]
Simple, no? :)

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
crimson

hmm, didnt know there woul...

Post by crimson »

I didnt know there was going to be a problem with that, oh well, if that could be added into the next cvs then that would be very good, thanz dave :)

Its my weekend so i can start doing some more maps, learn the marcos correctly this time and get irc to work again o0.

Crimson

PS. Dave. did you try the installer? and was there any problems if u did try it?
crimson

im back...

Post by crimson »

Im back, darm, lost wesnoth on the last update but now i have a stable system again, ill be finishing off all the maps and making new ones, Stay tuned

Crimson
Stosswelle

Post by Stosswelle »

if you make any new ones consider submitting them to the map pack
Hard/Melodic Trance, other Electronica:
http://www.musicv2.com/artist/stosswelle
Play Blood Series Maps!
--- ~WAY~ We Are Yousnoth---
<Li`sar> he likes it when i stand up with the remote held high "I am the princess"