2v2 replays archive

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

Perhaps this thread should also be moved to the multiplayer forum
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never
JW

Post by JW »

Mythological wrote:Perhaps this thread should also be moved to the multiplayer forum
I agree. And it should be stickied. And the name should be changed to a general "Team Replays" title IMO.

Speaking of replays, here's quite an interesting and educational one on Path of Daggers using version 1.1.8:

Becephalus (P1, Notherners) + Tonepoet (P4, Undead)
v.
JW (P2, Northerners) + ISAF (P3, Knalgans)

All factions random to start. Read the text if you want some tips from Bece on map-making or if you want to be entertained at the discussion of the course of the events. 8)

Very good game that was ended with AI unfortunately (after concession (but from which side??)).
Attachments
4p PoD.zip
(37.05 KiB) Downloaded 508 times
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

Per request of some players who want a place to post and look for the replays of 2v2 games, I've revived this long dead thread and made it sticky.
For a fresh start, here is a replay of a game on Clash on the latest development release ( 1.3.12 ). A funny game, interesting to observe. Our opponents played better and had a starting advantage, but with generous help of lady luck our team managed to prevail in the end.
Attachments
4p_-_Clash-Auto-Save18.zip
Reloc (Loyalists) + Pietro (Rebels) vs.
Chosen1 (Northerners) + Mythological (Knalgans)
(61.49 KiB) Downloaded 590 times
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never
tsr

Post by tsr »

Nice initiative, too bad the save file you provided is corrupted :(

/tsr
anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Post by anakayub »

Thou shall be pointed out blatant noobishness!

Thou shall remember that it displeases your partner, and gives your opponents much glee!

Thou shall remember the words common sense!
Attachments
4p_-_Isar's_Cross_replay.zip
D+R v N+U
(16.2 KiB) Downloaded 552 times
Take a breath.
Faello

Post by Faello »

Some nice and really long ( 76 turns ) replay on Hamlets - Me& my brother in training, play both sides to rise our skills ( I'm red elf and green orc, he is violet elf and orange orc ) against ourselves resulting in longest and one of most entertaining games I've ever had, which also ends suddenly after we've made 3 mistakes playing one of the sides in short amount of time ( we were really exhausted after almost 7 hours of playing it :lol: )

There's also one misclick ( wiht troll warrior ) in the end - he was pardoned from attacks during turn after misclick if anybody will wonder how he survived it :P

Have fun while watching it !
Attachments
Great_War_of_Orcs&Elves.zip
Training - Me&my brother vs Me&my brother, Hamlets, 1.2.8 version
(42.41 KiB) Downloaded 552 times
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
DRILL

Post by DRILL »

i am not good player
i played dwarfes
my ally very fast falls...
i have'nt chances to win,but i have chance long defence against peoples and drakes
Attachments
defence.zip
(18.43 KiB) Downloaded 473 times
Des

Post by Des »

This is a game where I (as Drakes) had a 7-0 kill rec at the start of the game and still managed to almost lose. I ended up attacking for too long into the night and losing too many troops. Great game with an unexpected ending. My opponent was Rebels.
Attachments
Huge_Drake_turn-around_7-0_LOSS.gz
1.3.13 Drakes versus Rebels
(42.59 KiB) Downloaded 495 times
krotop
2009 Map Contest Winner

Post by krotop »

Edit : Replay seems to have been removed someway, so the message coming with it is pointless.
Attachments
Ulfrox.zip
(15.97 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
Last edited by krotop on March 10th, 2008, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust me, I'm just average player.
Game feedback for the Nightmares of Meloen
Art feedback by mystic x the unknown
anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Post by anakayub »

Nice casual 2v2 Isar's with me and our favorite resident kitty mod, Thrawn, on the same team. Do not watch this match for good play, but for good entertainment value. Our team were on the back seat throughout and almost lost this match, before Thrawn and I getting lvl 2's at the right time saved our skin (and some other factors that I've forgotten), allowing us to effectively turn the tide. Oh, the match lasted 2+ hrs too, something not very common when you talk about Isar's. :P (on 1.3.15)

Without reposting (Feb 16 2008)...
Below is another 2+ hour Isar, showing how to combine the advantages of drakes (mobility, hitting power) with the numbers and poison of the Northeners. This was against N+K. My general plan with the drakes was to kill the Northeners at day, while my partner takes over at night. This was while generally ZOC'ing the Knalgans, as my partner keeps on poisoning their units. The ZOC allowed me a lot of turns to store gold, which I finally used at the end of the game as my opponent tried to initiate a make-or-break last attack; a castle-full of drakes at 2nd watch is obviously nice when dwarves are stuck on bad terrain within reach. Some stupid mistakes here and there, haven't played since the original post. (on 1.3.16)

The first one is the newer one.
Attachments
4p_-_Isar's_Cross-Auto-Save19.gz
(49.27 KiB) Downloaded 529 times
4p_-_Isar's_Cross-Auto-Save18.gz
(44.94 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
Take a breath.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Here is a good one of me getting thompped dispite good luck. Elves vs orcs. I don't like playing either much, but I can't realy fault his playing except in a few dicisions, and he won so... (shrug)

EDIT Hmmm. I seem to have not save a replay, but this save ought to contain the infor needed to watch.
Attachments
4p_-_Xanthe_Chaos-Auto-Save27.gz
(61.73 KiB) Downloaded 514 times
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2v2 replays archive

Post by anakayub »

This is not a true 2v2, as I played 2 teams (N+U vs K+N).

And this isn't default (I didn't notice until I joined); this is an Age of Heroes game, with 100 starting gold.

I want to post this as it's an Isar, which is a map with some recent discussions.

I had a bit of trouble against the Lich with my Knalgans, while using a combination of grunts+archers to deal with troll spam. I'm not sure if it's the correct strategy, but I won nevertheless, by squeezing both leaders into the West-Center part of the map.

Do enjoy.
Attachments
4p_-_Isar's_Cross-Auto-Save12.gz
1.4 rc 2

N+U vs K+N
(36.95 KiB) Downloaded 477 times
Take a breath.
grrr

Post by grrr »

A rather longish 2on2 that attracted quite some audience and while the first half might have been not so interesting to watch it surely became entertaining towards the end.

I must admit I was ready to forfeit, but governor (who replaced mrannanj midgame) kept me playing. With some mighty help from Lady Luck we eventually won.
Attachments
ripfrench,potork-mra(gov),grrr-xhante.gz
Ripfrench (rebbies), Potork (drakes) vs Mrannanj (drakes), grrr (rebbies), on Xhante Chaos
(76.65 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
governor

Post by governor »

After watching the replay, I really don't think there was that much luck involved, for every luck streak there was a bad luck streak. It was a fairly even game. When I joined, Grrr's original mood was that he wanted to forfeit because he was expecting to lose badly. So it was decided at that point that I would not play very conservatively/safely. Either way it wasn't my game to lose, so there was no pressure.

I started by setting up the far left side for a good counter. Unluckily, I lost both augurs quicker than I expected. However, I was able to clean up while keeping green's attention closer to the center. Grrr was a big help in this regard filling holes, slowing enemy clashers, and mopping up available kills.

By stretching out green's army Grrr could manage a large portion of the map, and even gain ground. Also, I was able to get a number of kills and within a few turns a number of units were close to leveling. I made a bad move with the clasher on the water village and later on was a moment where I was too late with team chat to get grrr to cover my leader. Blue wanted to trade leaders, he did.

Our teams advantage had grown considerably, since green appeared to have very little gold and Grrr owned the largest percentage of villages.
krotop
2009 Map Contest Winner

Post by krotop »

governor wrote:Blue wanted to trade leaders, he did.
On that turn, either greed or miscoordination could have killed you : 3/4 on leveling clasher had decent chance to work, as well as 2/4 on the lvl2 augurs. Since you had no choice but attack rip's king, you'd also have lost the lvl2 saurian. And with all these "had that happened..." your side would have had no more than a lvl2 burner and I would have had 5 elf warriors and 1 elf archer with no upkeep to help me.

Well, whatever that's not what happened, but just to say that trading kings at that point was the best option in my opinion, and that it was certainly a lot safer for you to go back to your castle and recruit a new army since you were certainly rich as hell, or to have the elf archer on 9,14 and the elf warrior on 11,14. That was the second keypoint after the elf death on 5,15 in my humble opinion.

Other than that, congrats :)
Don't trust me, I'm just average player.
Game feedback for the Nightmares of Meloen
Art feedback by mystic x the unknown