2v2 replays archive

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

CragHack

Re: 2v2 replays archive

Post by CragHack »

Hi guys :D

well, i think attacking the burner wasn't the worst of my moves throughout the game. At least not in that particular situation. It just didn't turn out as expected. Yet, i shouldn't have bought a 2nd wose in the first place. I should've bought more fighters and another shaman, instead. The problem was, i was lacking fighters, since all of them were used for ZoCing in the middle. So, the woses were without fighter/shaman support.
Anyway, the plan was to keep blue busy in the north as long as possible, to proceed in the middle/south and win by economic advantage in the long run. But also the offense in the south wasn't succesful :(
I think the Gryphon/Thief approach is powerful on this map, especially when the opponent is confronted with that style for the first time. The bunch of gryphons provide a threat over a large area. This is why all my fighters were disabled by ZoCing.
This game was a good lesson for me. I would also like to hear the opinion of the 2v2 experts. :hmm:

Sincerely,
CragHack

P.S. Ignore the chatlog. This time i'm glad that not so many ppl on the forums speak german.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

yes lets all just ignore what u guys said :D HRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mrgreen:
Tesafilmchen

Post by Tesafilmchen »

And another great game.
Drakes/Knalgan vs Orcs/Elves.
A game where the whole south was abandoned at night by the drakes. But even with the great income Orcs couldnt take their advantage... spamming gobbos wasnt enough to decide it. The north was most of the time controled by knalgan forces.

Nice lesson that income isnt everything to win a game, qualitity it is :D. And that elves shouldnt go only for weak archery and foul magic.
Attachments
4p_-_Loris_River_replay.gz
(48.63 KiB) Downloaded 670 times
Jequ

Post by Jequ »

WARNING: The replay contains n00b gameplay which might be harmful for experienced players!

The most exciting 2v2 I have ever had! The map was Isar. Everyone in the game was playing very badly (including me) and I guess that's the reason why the game was so confusing. The village ownership kept changing and sometimes players had no keeps or multiple keeps or shared keeps. :)
At one point, my boss' HP goes down to 1 hp but I managed to recover :P Also my opponents lost their keep multiple times but still managed to recover.
At the end, my opponents had little chance to stand against my undead and loyalists again and so they left...
Also the chat log was pretty empty :(
Attachments
the-most-epic-and-noobish-2v2-ever.gz
The replay
(27.68 KiB) Downloaded 659 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

rofl this game was incredibly unlogical :DDDDD u were absolutely accurate, was fun to watch nevertheless!
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

today i had a very entertaining 2v2 on the new map terra dwelve, its from the dev and really nice to play.

you need 1.7.15 - 1.8-rc1 (this link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... e/download) to see it

my ally was kinda new but friendly and always received horrible damage :D i managed to balance that situation as u can depict from the savegame down there
Attachments
4S_-_Ruinen_von_Terra-Dwel..._Wiederholung_anzeigen.gz
terra dwelve
(49.28 KiB) Downloaded 652 times
silent

Post by silent »

Well there were few non-survival, non-isar games going, saw a 2 vs 2 on morituri open, and joined.

It was Mythological P1 (random orcs), me P2 (random knalgans), magmallion P3 (UD, picked) and cookiebite P4 (UD random)

well given I was knalgans, I decided to give HODOR a go (cheated a bit due to stumpy leader + ulfs thrown in)

After a poor attack by my ally, and a poor attack on my side with inaccurate thieves and his leaving, I was able to take charge, set up a def with what he had left, while infuriating poor cookiebite with footies and thieves, and managed to scrape my way back in the game, taking charge when myth accidentally left his slayer open to backstab...

anyways, enough talk, I finally have a HODOR-esque replay, and more importantly a nice 2v2 replay to submit, so here
Attachments
HODOR_2V2_COMEBACK_WIN_YAY.gz
(27.04 KiB) Downloaded 622 times
grrr

Post by grrr »

A fun 2v2 on loris river. Strange leader, too much fish and a lot of horse power (of course!)

Rigor (in blue) and chose his favourite leader:
AND OWNED!

I focused on a mobile army, and at some point decided to sneak the 7th cavalry regiment right past their units, on a passage which I dubbed pony express:

With those units in their back the fate of the orcs was sealed, GG!
Attachments
4p-Pony-Express.gz
Double loys vs double northies, loris river (1.8)
(33.99 KiB) Downloaded 642 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

Rigor proudly presents

Fencing deluxe

Featuring

Steppenwolf UD Deathblade//Tesafilmchen DW Rouge//Rigor LO Shocktrooper//thefish EL Captain

Situation: It's turn 5. Undeads brought their leader to the middle. What would you attack ? I highlighted the red leader to let you see the broad range of targets. do you take out the archer? the footie? the gripph in the northern village? the gripph in the water village? i shall tell you only this much: all of reds attacks worked out and he killed 3 units this turn. which ones ? See for yourselves...

Attachments
2v2 Fencer-heavy.gz
fencers on loris
(15.19 KiB) Downloaded 616 times
SalsaRocoto

Northeners resilience

Post by SalsaRocoto »

North: governor (loys) + jb (dorfs) vs South: isril (drake) & salsaRocoto (orcs).

At turn 12, the game seems almost lost for South.

But the northeners legendary resilience is no legend !

enjoy the replay
Attachments
4p_-_Xanthe_Chaos_replay_ISRIL__SR_vs_JB_Givernor.gz
(43.75 KiB) Downloaded 629 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

very,very good. :)
Rocier

Post by Rocier »

How to go all in on a particular build, get extremly lucky, then f*ck it up. see below
Attachments
4p_-_Loris_River_Turn_14_(9393).gz
(19.82 KiB) Downloaded 663 times
norbert

Post by norbert »

Rigor wrote:and to especially point it out here:

CERULEAN U R SUCH A NO SPORTS, ALWAYS BLAMING AND INSULTING UR ALLIES FOR UR LOSSES. ITS NOT THAT THEY R SO BAD BUT RATHER U URSELF! YOUR VULGAR BEHAVIOUR WILL CERTAINLY BRING U INTO MANY EMBARRASSING SITUATIONS, AND THAT IS WHAT U DESERVE.
Just now, I played with Cerulean64x in an Isar's Cross. He was my team mate, but started calling me a "****ing [censored]" in private messages. When I pointed that out to the other team, he wrote "because YOU ARE" and left the game a tad later. I didn't play a good game (with the Dwarves; eventually I won though), but that's no excuse for his insults and attitude. I can understand that he pissed you off, Rigor.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

yes hes just a jerk. ignore him, and if he should get into one of your games try to be on the other end :D
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

rather enjoy this replay of a very very nice 2v2 with ottavio as my ally on one of the new 2v2 maps:

the map is called creepfest by kvinkunx, our opponents found the map also very good, i have to point out here.

enjoy :Awesome: there are new smilies, arent there? :eng:
Attachments
4p_-_DW_No_Creeps_Wiederholung_anzeigen.gz
2v2 match creepfest
(36.82 KiB) Downloaded 670 times