2v2 replays archive

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

CragHack

Re: 2v2 replays archive

Post by CragHack »

http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21880

@Faello: The 3v3 Replays topic was created some time ago. It's just not stickied and never feeded. So it went far down the list.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

yesterday i thought id play a relaxing 2v2 on a bigger map, so i opened up

path of daggers.
after some crazy dice decisions things were going back and forth for a while, impossible to determine a clear winner in the struggle between the northern and southern face-off.
things got even more tense because no side wanted to deal the final push in the south, while the northern one was constantly on the edge of ultimate destruction or decisive victory. lots of leader-in-danger situations arised but none dealt the final blow although ctks were no [censored] around more than 9 out of 10 times. finally the assault was driven back on both sides,ending up in quite the same undecided state again, with an advantage to one of the sides and all leaders alive.

the game lasted over 4 hours and was ultimatively decided after 32 turns to be a tie.
Attachments
4p_-_Paths_of_Daggers_Turn_32_(4512).gz
(62.31 KiB) Downloaded 809 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

i love games where the opponent wants u to give up and in the end loses himself.

here is a very good example where an arrogant p2 called me names for playing a consequent game and in the end got smashified at turn 13.

short and worthy to watch
Attachments
4p_-_Xanthe_Chaos_Turn_13_(7035).gz
(21.9 KiB) Downloaded 779 times
Faello

Post by Faello »

Recently I was able to play some interesting "on the ropes" type of games where odds were mostly against my side at some point. 2 of them are good old Isaar Cross Classic replays, one is 1-2-2-1 clash replay.
Attachments
CLashMyth&Faello.gz
Faello&Mythological vs Fold7&MoP; 18 turns, Myth moves to the 14,9 mountain early and Drakes start to rush him, I assist, but need help myself later from Mythological's loyalist army :)
(29.38 KiB) Downloaded 771 times
IsaarLastStandDef.gz
Faello&ElvenKing vs FoxInSocks2&yhf; 26 turns, we get overextended with EK and game turns pretty badly for us
(33.36 KiB) Downloaded 814 times
F&NatIsaarDefence.gz
Faello&Natasiel vs eternauta&Cairin, 29 turns, game played with 9-11 village disadvantage
(54.82 KiB) Downloaded 875 times
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

today i want to present u a very well played 2v2 by both sides with extremely well calculated and well coordinated gameplay by fraction 2 and 3 (jou and tau)- the funny thing in this match is that obviously blue/green had a lot to talk, while me and my partner managed to survive without any ally talk at all.

this game features a very straightforward attack with leader participation from our opponents side and the idea was simply brilliant. all the zone of control produced by 2 scouts and also fast archers was enough to give us the creeps and we couldnt reach the overaggressive elf caster forever.
through fast forwarding the quick deathblade leader on the other side of the loris river the villages were saved to blue/green as well, but after the leader-powerplay those guys started to wonder how to get back home again. and thats where the whole fun begun :)

in the epilogue jou claimed that the game was not over yet so i had to switch computers in order to find he left already by the time that i went online. md switched to extremely interesting AI fight *yawwwnn* until the computer almost kicked his orcish...lets leave it at that. everybody left around turn 16 and the match ended at T31.
Attachments
4p_-_Loris_River_Turn_31_(8550).gz
super well played game by our opponents jou & tau (vs rigor & md)
(52.59 KiB) Downloaded 814 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

very nice games faello, i didnt like the isar match againsh yhf at first because the other side had two subsequent attack waves completely bad luck. i thought wtf are u posting this for real, thats completely unfair ;DDDDDD but then he showed u how good he actually was. the one situation where he lost his almost leveled up mage vs a skeleton archer in melee was one situation i didnt quite understand cuz there was also this other possibility to let him woooosh the adept away and become a fire mage. but i guess the nerves were already very hot from the thinking and he simply had a burn out ;D;D;D like the one drakes match on clash where he simply tried to bruteforce everything although he was not in such a bad position. i sometimes attack 22/23 xp units with something ridiculous like the ranged attack from a guard, only to start striking really huge chunks of damage with the subsequent attacks and render the lvl2 useless. but ok, this was a fencer in a village. =)) unfortunately for your opponents he was the key to success. rarely u see so many unlucky augurs.

i hope u upload more saves soon!
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

topace told me to post this one, really incredible how the rng picked his favorites with an impossible timing.
a little information about cerulean is also included.

both loris river games were really tense and the definite blow was always dealt by well timed leader usage. enough troops on one of the two sides to get the villages plus enough reserve units on the other (lost) side assured a difficult advance for the other team. the leader was always a little tip on the scale.

enjoy
Attachments
4S_–_Der_Lorisfluss_Wiederholung_anzeigen.gz
(43.46 KiB) Downloaded 743 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

imagine a game where u are playing with and against a completely passive player.

and now imagine, the other two guys are very dynamic, and therefore have a lot to lose. one of their passive allies might turn the tide at any time. every one of the turns took ages. what does a reasonable player do? here my exit strategy!

comments strongly appreciated!
Attachments
4p_-_Loris_River_Turn_11_(8929).gz
Rigor, ttr, newbiewoobie, sec
(22.31 KiB) Downloaded 783 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

i want to share this 2v2 savegame on morituri with u guys because of a real speciality.

u all know how small the map is, and what it means for ur purse to lose a village.
well, i decided to abandon the whole side for a strong south-eastern push and it worked really formidable.

my super good partner just_end_turn was an ally who was fighting like a firewall side by side with his purple spitfire brothers to maximize kills.

on our opponents side cerulean played with his ally kinggogg.

and to especially point it out here:

CERULEAN U R SUCH A NO SPORTS, ALWAYS BLAMING AND INSULTING UR ALLIES FOR UR LOSSES. ITS NOT THAT THEY R SO BAD BUT RATHER U URSELF! YOUR VULGAR BEHAVIOUR WILL CERTAINLY BRING U INTO MANY EMBARRASSING SITUATIONS, AND THAT IS WHAT U DESERVE.
Attachments
kicking_cerulean.gz
u really deserve this name
(19.46 KiB) Downloaded 751 times
Bellerophon

Post by Bellerophon »

In b4 Rigor being the only person still posting replays here.

ImageGuess the unit with the power of Chuck.
Attachments
's_Cross_Classic_Turn_14_(3478).gz
(30.83 KiB) Downloaded 744 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

first guess:

1.saurian

if wrong:
2. adept
3. mage

im cuuuuuurious
Bellerophon

Post by Bellerophon »

Dude seriously, you fail at observation skillz 4ever, it's the shammie of course.

p.s. in b4 sarcas...aww shucks, missed that one.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

yeah i guess since there were no saurs let alone adepts i guess you can draw your own conclusions :)

was a tough fight wasnt it?
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Hi guys, I think this game can be interesting. It´s a 2v2 in Paths of Daggers: Radament&CaragHack vs Dauntless2&me.

One of the reasons to post it is because I love how my mate played this game, I think he was very near of perfection. To just name some moments, look at the bait he made with a burner in turn 8 or his awesome defense with drakes at night.
Second reason is I found fun my knalgan style in this game. I know it is not a new issue that gryphs and outlaws do a nice work in big maps for "darves", but I just like a lot how deep I went in the gryph-thief combo this game and how those little guys chop-chop-chop woses at night.
And last, I am always looking for experienced players feedback to improve my game level, and I would like get more opinions about one of my moves. It is the one I did on turn 9 puting my gryph on 14.3 to make harder woses retreat. My mate didnt look very agree with that move and I decided analyse it again in replay, but I still think my idea was fine. In that moment, I decided that priority was be sure of kill both woses and as more units as possible and do it fast, to be sure about I was not going to have problems in that zone of map during day, and so, I could do a full change of flank to help clasher and recover my villages quick. And if I had to "burn some gryph gold" to be sure of it, I thought it was good business. But as I could be wrong I want hear pro´s opinion about this move (or any other) :)
Attachments
4p_-_Paths_of_Daggers_CRvsDT.gz
(27.81 KiB) Downloaded 780 times
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

to be honest i dont understand at all why such good players like crag and rad certainly are made such a noobish move to attack the burner. this was certainly a very very very bad move!

i dont want to say that luck also played a role but after the elves were committed there was only slaughter.

about your question what to do with the gripph:

to me it looked also like a useless move, but maybe thats because im just observing. in any case, you pinned down the wose to this position at night and this was really good! on the other hand he could have been used for backstab positioning thieves a well if u spared him :)