2v2 replays archive

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Max

Re: 2v2 replays archive

Post by Max »

NightShade1 wrote:Here i bring you a funny game heh in which everything start about 2 guys bragging that they were the best players of this game.
don't post replays with such filthy and offensive chat. that's not funny, this is just sick.
Faello

Post by Faello »

Some recent CDeath replays:

KamperDwarf - 20 turns, quite interesting game to watch - Mentat & polly_pocket against CDeath (me&sidzej), 4xknalgan on clash, quite active beginning, ends with massive "Verdun-like" battle between turns 15-20, but true end began after Mentat moved his leader to the mountains in the central part of the map around turn 10 so my poacher ZoC trick forced purple dwarf to leave defensive positions to save purple leader & allowed sidzej to start massive offensive in the north.

ZeeElvenBlitzkrieg - 15 turns, Drakes & Rebels ( CDeath ) against Knalgans & Rebels ( Andey&Eraldrim ) on Xanthe Chaos, game starts with agressive push made by Andey with his leader into sidzej's positions, while both elven armies dig themselves on the opposite river banks. Soon both elves sent support on the knalgan front, which stabilizes after some heavy fighting that ends with our numerical advantage. Soon, my elven army is large enough & we decide to strike the Eraldrim's defences - swift&precise attack around turn 12 leaves green elven army overrun instantly, while knalgan struggles desperately to stop sidzej from supporting me until turn 15 when both enemy armies are utterly defeated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

ClashDrakeLord - it's the 10 turns 2vs2 game on clash that shows how you can lose won game in 1 badly planned move. My ally wasn't experienced player and situation looks grim for us. I decide to throw everything I got to help him & our opponents ( instead of securing their advantage via getting mine villages ) throw more forces only to be slaughtered by drake leader, and one of their leaders - beheaded by my troops, which ends the game with our victory.

Have fun while watching ! - F.
Attachments
KamperDwarf.gz
(25.68 KiB) Downloaded 555 times
ZeeElvenBliztkrieg.gz
(26.9 KiB) Downloaded 575 times
ClashDrakeLord.gz
(16.44 KiB) Downloaded 568 times
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
wieker

Re: 1v1 Replays! (THE ARCHIVE)

Post by wieker »

*Moved from 1v1 archive*

Great game on Isar's coss map. 70 turns - this is record i think. observing was fun =)
Attachments
a-3.gz
(76.72 KiB) Downloaded 539 times
Jabber:
xmpp:wieker@jabber.ru
leocrotta

Post by leocrotta »

A match featuring nani,WildPenguin vs neila,ezysquire.
One of the most interesting losses I experienced so far.
A special drake-strategy I succeeded to use with grrr recently
is used here in a more extensive way: the 'nomadic drakes'.
It should be entertaining to watch, at least it's interesting. :)

best regards leocrotta(nani)
Attachments
nani,WP_vs_ezy,neila.gz
for BfW 1.4.x
(36.02 KiB) Downloaded 562 times
grrr

Post by grrr »

That one was nice to watch indeed. <anti-drakes-rant>Perhaps the removal of drakes is to be considered again?</anti-drakes-rant>
Just to give you a visual impression, at turn 20:
1. neila (blue) recruited 32 units, 26 of them being grunts. Lost 16 (11 being grunts), killed only 6. Nice overall northie-style, best cannon fodder I've seen in a long while.
2. ezy (purple) had 9 units, killed 15, lost 1.
3. nani (red) had a RALK of 16/0/7/5
4. wp (green) had a RALK of 22/2/17/9 (only 40% of the recruits being grunts, and that is still 9x higher than what Tonepoet would get)
ezysquire

Post by ezysquire »

I see others have already uploaded this... well, it's worth a second watching so may as well be up twice!
Attachments
4p_-_Clash_replayclassicmatchup.gz
drakes and northies vs rebels and northies
(43.62 KiB) Downloaded 527 times
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

A large, and not yet finished 2vs2 match. So far on turn 22, and a good replay already.

Knalgans/Loyalists vs Loyalist/Loyalist.
Attachments
EoM_4p_The_Ruins_of_Terra-Dwelve_replay.gz
(44.75 KiB) Downloaded 532 times
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
tsr

Post by tsr »

sort of nice replay, but not the one I expected...

/tsr
grrr

Post by grrr »

Am I right that the upload of our match is the first for the upcoming 1.6 stable release so far? *celebrates*
torsoboy

Post by torsoboy »

Velensk wrote:A large, and not yet finished 2vs2 match. So far on turn 22, and a good replay already.

Knalgans/Loyalists vs Loyalist/Loyalist.
I'm the Loyalist on the mixed team (playing as MeinLeben). From my point of view, I had quite a lot of space that I was trying to defend. I wasn't aggressive at all and made quite a few bad choices - perhaps newbie nervosity got the better of me. :)

You'll notice that a Fencer sneaks in and steals my villages at the bottom left corner. I recruited a Heavy Infantry to deal with him but that was the wrong choice as the Fencer was too fast and too evasive. I believe a mage would've helped me much more in this case, I wonder what others think.

I liked how my leader helped my army overcome the first big assault, although after that the economic situation was so dire for me that my side would've crumbled regardless. Also, my leader died quite suddenly to a horseman that I somehow missed - probably won't make that mistake again. Later on, I still manage to skill up some units but fail to bar one of their leaders from recruiting a new army on my keep.
Faello

Post by Faello »

I was thinking about cav-based strategy on clash for 2x loyalists from some time, and that's basically the presentation of it. Me&krotop, we both took 2x lieut. It's pretty fun to watch, espescially general attack when we left castles to lead it.

Have fun & feel free to comment
Attachments
Kavcore.gz
Nice cav-oriented strategy on clash
(45.82 KiB) Downloaded 523 times
Radament

Post by Radament »

Faello wrote:I was thinking about cav-based strategy on clash for 2x loyalists from some time, and that's basically the presentation of it. Me&krotop, we both took 2x lieut. It's pretty fun to watch, espescially general attack when we left castles to lead it.

Have fun & feel free to comment

Wow, it really is fun to watch. What a massacre.
They shouldve seen it coming :)
Faello

Post by Faello »

Thanks, yeah, I'd love to try that strategy again :)
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Not a very good show of great play here, but still a decent replay.
Attachments
4p_The_Ruins_of_Terra-Dw..._replay.gz
(51.6 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Cackfiend

Post by Cackfiend »

awesome clash replay

me (undead) and shogtun_crocodile/sorrow (drakes) vs soul_steve/mr_moose (orcs) and killer595 (elves)

crazy back and forth luck and an overall very fun intense game
Attachments
Awesome_Clash_replay.gz
(37.08 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
"There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

I'm the guy who's responsible for 40% Gliders in all hexes... I can now die a happy man. =D
Wesnoth Strategy Guide for competitive 1v1 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54236