2v2 replays archive

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Elvish Pillager wrote:[05:27am] Elvish_Pillager: I ought to be on the Wesnoth server more, pwning people with Undead
[05:27am] Elvish_Pillager: :/
[05:27am] Elvish_Pillager: everyone thinks they're underpowered, for some reason...
I don't think any decent player would say that Undead, as they are now, are underpowered.

And listen, you- Post up some 1v1s. It seems that thread has died down since I've been having less time to play. Somebody, take the torch!

Let's get some new matches in there. They most certainly do not have to be great matches, so don't anyone let that hold them back.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Hellrider

Post by Hellrider »

Personally i think 2vs2 matches are more interesting, expecially if played by good players, but probably it's a matter of tastes :D
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

Hellrider wrote:Personally i think 2vs2 matches are more interesting, expecially if played by good players, but probably it's a matter of tastes :D
Ditto.
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

Umm here is one I've got sitting on my hard drive. I don't have a clue what it is, its just sitting there, So enjoy.
Attachments
2v2 replay.zip
(16.1 KiB) Downloaded 503 times
Hellrider

Post by Hellrider »

I tried to watch it with 1.1.2a but it says the file is corrupted :roll:
JW

Post by JW »

2v2 Castle Hopping

1) Yogin (Drakes) + 3) JW (Northerners)
v.
2) HiT (Rebels) + 4) Retief (Rebels)

A ballsy suicide on Retief, and some swimming Elves help Yogin and I pull this one out.
Attachments
2v2 Yogin, JW v Retief, HiT.zip
(16.02 KiB) Downloaded 497 times
JW

Post by JW »

4p Morituri
1) JW (Loyalists) + 4) Kremik (Undead)
v.
2) Wintermute (Loyalists) + 3) KoU (Loyalists)

A daring nighttime attack goes awry when Kremik can't retreat his leader. A frantic race to grab land and kill units ensues...
Attachments
2v2 Morituri JW, Kremik v Wintermute, KoU.zip
(12.95 KiB) Downloaded 519 times
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

JW, your castle hopping replay (2v2 Yogin, JW v Retief, HiT) gives me a saved game, Drakes turn, round 9.
Am I doing something wrong or did you upload the wrong file...?
JW

Post by JW »

Zhukov wrote:JW, your castle hopping replay (2v2 Yogin, JW v Retief, HiT) gives me a saved game, Drakes turn, round 9.
Am I doing something wrong or did you upload the wrong file...?
Did you check the box marked "watch replay"? I'm 95% confident that's the right file.
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

:oops: Whoops. Working fine now.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

The following is not really a 2vs2; due to an unbalanced map, a suicidal ally, and an ineffective opponent, the game was decided by a dozen turns of Undead vs. Undead on 8 hexes of the map.

:D
Attachments
4p_-_Whirlwind_v1.2_replay.zip
(25.31 KiB) Downloaded 505 times
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
JW

Post by JW »

Elvish Pillager wrote:The following is not really a 2vs2; due to an unbalanced map, a suicidal ally, and an ineffective opponent, the game was decided by a dozen turns of Undead vs. Undead on 8 hexes of the map.

:D
OH NO YOU DI'NT!!!!

ps,
(1) JW (Undead) + (3) Mythological (Northerners)
v.
(4) Elvish_NF_Pillager (Undead) + (2) geek (Drakes)
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

Yogi Bear wrote:2v2 on Clash yogibear (Loyalists, Drakes) against Cain (Knalgan, Knalgan)

This is probably the most joyful game i ever played :) . Basically it is more like 1v1 with every player having two factions since our allies left us early (turn 3 and 6).
Tributes to Cain again for having such a good gaming night. I don't want to remember the next morning though, after going to bed at 4 am and having less than 3 hours of sleep :?. But hey, the game was worth it :D .
When I tried to watch this replay, it said that it was from a different version of Wesnoth. The file extension was .txt as well. What version were you using? (I am playing 1.1.2a btw)

Also, maybe it would be a good idea to
A) start different threads for replays from different versions,
or
B) have each poster identify which version that they are using.
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Wintermute wrote:
Yogi Bear wrote:2v2 on Clash yogibear (Loyalists, Drakes) against Cain (Knalgan, Knalgan)

This is probably the most joyful game i ever played :) . Basically it is more like 1v1 with every player having two factions since our allies left us early (turn 3 and 6).
Tributes to Cain again for having such a good gaming night. I don't want to remember the next morning though, after going to bed at 4 am and having less than 3 hours of sleep :?. But hey, the game was worth it :D .
When I tried to watch this replay, it said that it was from a different version of Wesnoth. The file extension was .txt as well. What version were you using? (I am playing 1.1.2a btw)

Also, maybe it would be a good idea to
A) start different threads for replays from different versions,
or
B) have each poster identify which version that they are using.
Alternatively you could take a sneak peak at when the game was posted... or in the save file as the version is mentioned there or in the load dialog where it's mentioned as well.

The file extension is irrelevant.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
oishii

Post by oishii »

And listen, you- Post up some 1v1s. It seems that thread has died down since I've been having less time to play. Somebody, take the torch!

Let's get some new matches in there. They most certainly do not have to be great matches, so don't anyone let that hold them back.
Well I posted in the 1vs1 replay archive... but it still says the last poster was "Doc Paterson" in the User's Forum thread list. Huh? Maybe it has to do with it being moved (like it says in the thread list). It seems paralyzed, not wanting to go to the top of the list when someone posts in it.

Nevertheless, u can check the archive, including my latest replay, if you scroll wayyyy to the bottom of the first thread page.