"FOUR KINGDOMS"

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

NorthDragon

Re: "FOUR KINGDOMS"

Post by NorthDragon »

Re: for @Atreides. Fog is fun, but it hides the stats, okay will be default on in the next release.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

NorthDragon wrote: December 28th, 2020, 7:07 pm Re: for @Atreides. Fog is fun, but it hides the stats, okay will be default on in the next release.
Thanks! Yeah stats are interesting to me as well, but I do feel that they make it a little easier.

Downloaded 1.3 and tried out the new castle interior! Very nice. Could not actually do anything indoors though, are you planning to add some things there later on?
--
Any typos are the fault of my laptop keyboard!
Lonely Era maintainer: https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=42630
NorthDragon

Post by NorthDragon »

It was very difficult. Nobody has developed something like this yet. You can assume you now have Battle for Wesnoth 1.16 or higher, a few tweaks are enough to add this to the game engine. Further improvements are foreseen.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

NorthDragon wrote: January 13th, 2021, 9:12 pm It was very difficult. Nobody has developed something like this yet. You can assume you now have Battle for Wesnoth 1.16 or higher, a few tweaks are enough to add this to the game engine. Further improvements are foreseen.
Did you mean 1.14.16? I'll have to check if there is a new version! 1.16 is about a year away according to the programmers.

I was thinking perhaps the castle could lead to some tunnels (cave terrain which the current map lacks) that connect to places on the surface. Of course that would only be useful if units other than the leader unit could enter the castle.
--
NorthDragon

Post by NorthDragon »

In the main post there is a request not to make a suggestion. Caves, are planned.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Found a bug with the map. The elven village at 43,39 (or 39.43) can't be teleported through!

Also there is a problem with the Eyestalk, it can end up starting in a hex from which it can't ever move because the terrain all around is forest. That's the area just SE from the 3 villages near the NE players farm.
--