Ideas for MP scenarios

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tomsik

Ideas for MP scenarios

Post by Tomsik »

Place here your own ideas for MP scenario :!:
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

A battle in tight spaces, with a lot of three-hex-wide corridors to combat in.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Hieronymus

Post by Hieronymus »

I think Tomsik means ideas for scenarios, not for maps. Here are some ideas, Tomsik, which could also be combined:

* scenarios with alternative objectives or side objectives: getting a certain amount of gold, getting a certain amount of kills, capturing or dominating certain map spots etc. etc.

* scenarios with terrain changes (like you already have made with moving walls). Like a scenario in which some parts are flooded after a couple of turns, or are snowed in. Also appearing and dissapearing villages and keeps could be an idea.

* scenarios with appearing units. For instance that a side gets extra units when it has reached a certain objetive. But also (randomly) appearing neutral units.

I am planning to make some scenarios like this myself, for multiplayer but perhaps also for a campaign I might develop :-) There are tons of possibilites, and I hope to see a lot of diverse scenarios from lots of different developers in the future.