LA_RPG_ERA Feedback and Ideas

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

LordAwsomeness

LA_RPG_ERA Feedback and Ideas

Post by LordAwsomeness »

Hi all! Just wanted to start a post regarding my newly upgraded and released LA_RPG_ERA. So the Era is similar to Bobs_RPG_Era in the sense that you create a hero, and customize your own playstyle by the choices you make. I wanted to delve just a little deeper however. Your hero comes with animations for multiple different weapons; ei if you equip a sword, your hero stands with a sword in hand, if you decided to swap to a different weapon, you hold the next weapon you swap to. All of the animations and such have to be credited to the makers of Wesband which hasn't been updated since Wesnoth version 1.8.6.
The RPG includes shops, giving items and weapons to your allied heroes, sharing gold, etc. I haven't developed many maps and game modes for it just yet, however I just released 2 maps for the moment to use the addon: Evolve and a linear storiless RPG. Please try them out and let me know what balancing changes you believe that I should make!
With all of the different weapons comes different playstyles. On top of weapon variation, I have created a spell casting system. It uses a mana system that is similar to the Brotherhood of Light's system. You can use healing spells, attack buffing spells, resistance buffing spells, etc. There are also spells that you can cast on your enemies to debuff them such as poison them, or decrease their moment and such. The casting system has huge potential and honestly it is pretty bare at the moment. I would love to have any ideas that people would like to see added in! (assuming you've tried the addon of course :P )
I am very excited to present this add-on as I have been working on its core concept for 2 years now. Im also at a crossroads for items such as armors and cloaks. I made weapons generic with generic names and abilities, however I'm considering creating a more specific system for armors, clothes, and cloaks. This clothing system would potentially include unique items such as a chestplate with a unique name and ability:
Jaurim's Iron Chestplate: every enemy you slay gives you bonus 2 Max HP up to a maximum of 20 bonus Max HP.
I haven't completely figured out how I could create a unique system of items like this but it is something that I do want to consider if I can get enough ideas for unique items ( I would need like 15-20 different ideas to justify it).

Please feel free to discuss ideas down below, especially if you've already tried the new and updated magic system! Thank you all so much for your time!

LA_MP_Pack CURRENT VERSION: 0.4.8b (updated 03-26-2020)
LA_RPG_Maps has been removed from the addons server on 03-14-2020 and has been merged into LA_MP_Pack. (no maps have been lost as all scenarios have been transferred over))
All scenarios dealing with LA_MP_Pack will be released as one addon for the foreseeable future.
Last edited by LordAwsomeness on April 7th, 2020, 12:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
- Been playing Wesnoth since 2004 and the 1.0.x versions.
- Creator of Undead Invasion MP Scenario Pack.
- Creator of Valeria MP Adventure
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
HolyHipster

Re: LA_RPG_ERA Feedback and Ideas

Post by HolyHipster »

Hi LordAwsomeness!

First off: awesome project! I play a lot of RPG maps and campaigns and I am always eager to try out new ones. (Big Bob's RPG Maps fan here^^)

Today I came to try out a bit of your era for the first time. I played the beginning of your maze map and I have to say: overall it look's very promising and I like the whole Idea behind it a lot!

I only played until the saurian wave right after the first shop, so I cannot make any suggestions about your map design or storyline yet.
I noticed some things about the Era that I have questions about and some things that probably are bugs:

Questions (?):
- XP are shared between players, don't know if it is supposed to be that way
- I was able to attack again after killing a unit (Survivalxtreme style), but it seemed to only work with the troll. When I made kills with other units, they could only attack once
- cannot seem to be able to cast spells on other players. I had a healing ability with 2 characters, but could only take "cast on self" option. I don't know if it is a bug, or if I am just stupid :lol:

Bugs:
- There is a Lua error message right after startup (attached a screenshot of it) , does not seem to have any game-breaking effect
- Once chars level up, the "XP" icon over their head does not disappear
- Cannot give healing potions to other characters (only the respawn lily), even while having more than one of them in the inventory

Those are things I noticed so far, but I only played alone. I will probably play multiplayer with other people and friends later today or in the next days. Maybe we will find some other things :)

Keep up the good work.
Attachments
Start Error.png
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

HolyHipster wrote: March 7th, 2020, 5:08 pm Hi LordAwsomeness!

First off: awesome project! I play a lot of RPG maps and campaigns and I am always eager to try out new ones. (Big Bob's RPG Maps fan here^^)

Today I came to try out a bit of your era for the first time. I played the beginning of your maze map and I have to say: overall it look's very promising and I like the whole Idea behind it a lot!
Hello hipster!
Thank you so much for your feedback! I truly appreciate you taking the time to try out my add-on!
I have been working on this project off and on for 2 years in may and it really makes me happy to see that you were able to enjoy it
HolyHipster wrote: March 7th, 2020, 5:08 pm I only played until the saurian wave right after the first shop, so I cannot make any suggestions about your map design or storyline yet.
I noticed some things about the Era that I have questions about and some things that probably are bugs:

Questions (?):
- XP are shared between players, don't know if it is supposed to be that way
So XP sharing is a part of the add-on that i intentionally added in. Have you ever played survival extreme with friends and noticed that sometimes one player ends up getting all of the kills? While sharing the kill gold helps to balance this out a little bit, my addon relies a little bit more heavily on players leveling up and getting their upgrades primarily from said level ups rather than simply spending gold in the shop. it brings a more strategic feel to the gameplay rather than mindlessly attacking enemies. By sharing xp, it allows all players to kill as they wish and not have to cripple their allies in the process! I worked tirelessly on this function for several weeks alone just clearing out bugs and such because I believe it is actually essential for this game mode to be balanced.
HolyHipster wrote: March 7th, 2020, 5:08 pmQuestions (?):
- I was able to attack again after killing a unit (Survivalxtreme style), but it seemed to only work with the troll. When I made kills with other units, they could only attack once
So the attacking again is supposed to work as well. This just brings a fun mechanic that brings a more arcade feel to the add-on :D
however the 'bug' you were having is patched in the upcoming release and even moreso I have expanded upon the concept. Instead of only being able to have one attack, heroes can gain bonus multiple attacks from a few different things in the coming update:
  • Potions
    Special abilities
    Killing enemis
    etc
HolyHipster wrote: March 7th, 2020, 5:08 pm Questions (?):
- cannot seem to be able to cast spells on other players. I had a healing ability with 2 characters, but could only take "cast on self" option. I don't know if it is a bug, or if I am just stupid :lol:
So it actually isn't a bug. I believe that you were attempting to heal after you had already used up all of your attacks that turn. The spell casting system on the server is currently running a system where you can only cast spells if you have 1 attacks_left. This actually posed to be a problem so I removed that restriction entirely for the coming update! I dislike when things are too restrictive as it takes away from the fun arcade feeling that the addon is supposed to have. Also this coming update brings many changes and buffs to the heal casting! so I hope you will enjoy all of the changes as the heals for every cast have been heavily upgraded (example: magicians gift the clerical healing level 1 healed +4 on the current version, the upcoming version will heal for 12 hp instead! This will just bring more enjoyment to players earlier in the game as it can be very difficult to survive in some of the scenarios I have been working on).
HolyHipster wrote: March 7th, 2020, 5:08 pm Bugs:
- There is a Lua error message right after startup (attached a screenshot of it) , does not seem to have any game-breaking effect
- Once chars level up, the "XP" icon over their head does not disappear
- Cannot give healing potions to other characters (only the respawn lily), even while having more than one of them in the inventory

Those are things I noticed so far, but I only played alone. I will probably play multiplayer with other people and friends later today or in the next days. Maybe we will find some other things :)

Keep up the good work.
Don't worry about the lua error message. I have been searching for that bug for a while, and someday I will find it, however I actually suspect it has come from a bug with some of the Era_Of_Magic files that I inserted into my add-on.

In the current version on the server I didn't allow players to give healing potions to allies because I knew at the time that I wanted to rework the potions before I committed any major work to them. This upcoming patch I have finally readjusted the potions to be far stronger for a lot less of the cost of the current version! I will look into giving potions to allies as well for this upcoming patch. I dont believe that it would be very difficult at all, however for the last week I have been heavily preoccupied with trying to solve a gamebreaking bug that has been plaguing me. I finally found the solution this morning which is wonderful because now I can update the addon once again with a HUGE amount of changes!

As for the xp icon, it actually does disappear after spending hero points lol. however I was a little lazy and I didn't remove the overlay after every single upgrade so there will be some upgrades that just dont clear it away. its not a big deal; just something I need to actually go in and fix at some point lol :oops:

Finally: Some of my friends and I are actually beta testing the addon as a group for the newest map that I am including in the upcoming update to the Era. I would love to have you join us as it will be a 6 player experience!

Once again thank you so much for your time with checking out my content! I have been working on it so hard for the last 2 years and it makes me so happy to see people playing it!

PS: I will be shipping out a changelog at some point within a week or so of the latest update, so stay posted for that as this is possibly the biggest change I will have uploaded after the 3rd magic system rework!
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
hay207
Double Style Tourney #1 Champ

Post by hay207 »

There was an error after i installed the map pack that prevents loading of addon.

Code: Select all

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
    /home/hay207/.var/app/org.wesnoth.Wesnoth/data/wesnoth/1.14/data/add-ons/LA_RPG_Maps/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Macro/file '~add-ons/LA_RPG_MAPS/utils/beast/beast.cfg' is missing
    at ~add-ons/LA_RPG_Maps/scenarios/4_villages.cfg:26
        included from ~add-ons/LA_RPG_Maps/_main.cfg:15
You have a typo in macro name path: LA_RPG_MAPS>LA_RPG_Maps

There's also a null dependency when installing addon.

As regards lua error, isn't it specific to the maze map?
Last edited by hay207 on March 8th, 2020, 5:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ports: Velensk's tower defense, dov's deep shrine, Scrolling survival, Scrolling survival Co-op, Temples of the nagas.
Addons: Tower defense maps , some ANL scenarios like: ANL 3p "A New Land" survival type, and ANL Co-operative map for 2p
HolyHipster

Post by HolyHipster »

LordAwsomeness wrote: March 7th, 2020, 6:01 pm
So it actually isn't a bug. I believe that you were attempting to heal after you had already used up all of your attacks that turn. The spell casting system on the server is currently running a system where you can only cast spells if you have 1 attacks_left. This actually posed to be a problem so I removed that restriction entirely for the coming update! I dislike when things are too restrictive as it takes away from the fun arcade feeling that the addon is supposed to have. Also this coming update brings many changes and buffs to the heal casting! so I hope you will enjoy all of the changes as the heals for every cast have been heavily upgraded (example: magicians gift the clerical healing level 1 healed +4 on the current version, the upcoming version will heal for 12 hp instead! This will just bring more enjoyment to players earlier in the game as it can be very difficult to survive in some of the scenarios I have been working on).
Turns out, I made two mistakes but your advice helped me to fix one of them, so thank you. I tried to cast magic after attack + I tried to use magic over distance (Like "Smite" in Bob's RPG, you might remember). I found out that over distance is not possible (with heal, at least) after trial and error haha .

And yes, upgraded heal sounds cool!

LordAwsomeness wrote: March 7th, 2020, 6:01 pm Finally: Some of my friends and I are actually beta testing the addon as a group for the newest map that I am including in the upcoming update to the Era. I would love to have you join us as it will be a 6 player experience!

Once again thank you so much for your time with checking out my content! I have been working on it so hard for the last 2 years and it makes me so happy to see people playing it!

PS: I will be shipping out a changelog at some point within a week or so of the latest update, so stay posted for that as this is possibly the biggest change I will have uploaded after the 3rd magic system rework!
I actually played some more in mp and now I find it even better! I especially like the fact, that your character is so highly customizable! So you can basically equip any weapon, no matter what character. Only the starting conditions are different and the races have some unique abilities. Learning my melee orc to throw poison knifes, yeah!

- I would very much like to play with you, however I am in central europe and since you are from the USA there could be a pretty big time shift between us^^
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

HolyHipster wrote: March 8th, 2020, 2:18 pm
Turns out, I made two mistakes but your advice helped me to fix one of them, so thank you. I tried to cast magic after attack + I tried to use magic over distance (Like "Smite" in Bob's RPG, you might remember). I found out that over distance is not possible (with heal, at least) after trial and error haha .

And yes, upgraded heal sounds cool!
Lol I understand as I have done the same as well. and magic does have a very small distance on the current uploaded version. However in the upcoming update, I completely overhauled the Class Creation system so that classes have a far greater impact on your starting playstyle than simply the weapons you begin with! As well as I expanded on the concept of ranged spell casting! In the upcoming update certain classes gain bonus casting distance just from selecting a class. As well as other classes are able to upgrade the casting range by 1 (ei: you can cast up to 3 spaces away as one of those classes and 4 spaces for one of the more magic based classes).
wesnoth_class_overhaul.PNG
In the image above you can see the vast difference in how the class you choose affects your hero at the start. Some classes reduce your starting hitpoints, some increase it. some change the starting strength, dexterity, magic and deftness, and others change your hero's resistances, defense on particular terrain and abilities that are unique to each class! I wanted to create a system that brings a more unique identity to the individual player allowing them to express their own particular playstyle rather than a generic hero with simple weapon changes.

HolyHipster wrote: March 8th, 2020, 2:18 pm I actually played some more in mp and now I find it even better! I especially like the fact, that your character is so highly customizable! So you can basically equip any weapon, no matter what character. Only the starting conditions are different and the races have some unique abilities. Learning my melee orc to throw poison knifes, yeah!

- I would very much like to play with you, however I am in central europe and since you are from the USA there could be a pretty big time shift between us^^
Yes! The weapon customization was one of the biggest reasons I wanted to make this! I was a little disappointed two years ago when I would play other rpg style addons and you were restricted to the weapon class your character started with (ie: a sword class character only being able to use swords). So I 'borrowed' sprites from Wesband; a discontinued add-on back from the 1.8.x series. With those sprites (and a lot of adaptations and updates to bring some of the unit code to be usable again) I was able to create this very customizable add-on! The orc with poison knives was a test for that last update. Now with the upcoming update I have fully immersed into that concept of races and classes having an impact on what abilities heroes can start with as well as have access to upgrade later.

Also I understand the time changes could make playing a tad difficult, however im sure we could play when its a weekend. it would be the evening for you and the morning/noontime for me. Ive had other friends that ive done that with so I understand your predicament :)
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

hay207 wrote: March 8th, 2020, 6:24 am There was an error after i installed the map pack that prevents loading of addon.

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
    /home/hay207/.var/app/org.wesnoth.Wesnoth/data/wesnoth/1.14/data/add-ons/LA_RPG_Maps/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Macro/file '~add-ons/LA_RPG_MAPS/utils/beast/beast.cfg' is missing
    at ~add-ons/LA_RPG_Maps/scenarios/4_villages.cfg:26
        included from ~add-ons/LA_RPG_Maps/_main.cfg:15
You have a typo in macro name path: LA_RPG_MAPS>LA_RPG_Maps

There's also a null dependency when installing addon.

As regards lua error, isn't it specific to the maze map?
I apologize for the issues. I actually updated the addon a couple of nights ago with the major new update, but as it turns out, I over coded with nested macros and for people with machines that are not as powerful as mine, it causes their games to crash or completely overloads the preprocessor to the point where it cannot completely load the addon. I was attempting to beta test it with some friends and upon realizing that they couldn't run it, I hastily had to reupload the older versions. those versions were not the completely polished ones that I had previously uploaded however and I found that there were some new bugs with that because of my foolishness. I dont believe that the lua error is actually only a part of the maze map. I think that I finally solved it for the next update so even though it actually didn't have any impact on the gameplay, it should be gone.

I will be uploading the new update soon which will solve a bunch of the current issues (as well as unfortunately introduce a couple of minor new ones). So please be patient as I work to finish this new update! Thank you for notifying me of this! And I hope this doesn't deter you from playing the next huge update!
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

VERSION 0.3.3 HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Hi all and thank you for stopping by!
I just uploaded the newest update earlier today and have been running some tests on the servers with friends to make sure it runs properly! This update has solved a lot of the previous versions glaring issues (as well as added some wonderful new minor bugs :roll: ). I don't think you all would be interested in every little change and addition that I made so here are some notable changes for update 0.3.3:
  • Complete Hero Class Overhaul! - Classes now have a far greater impact on your hero's start as it affects your starting mana, starting hitpoints, starting weapons, and what abilities that hero is able to unlock. (previous version only changed the weapons heroes started with) - see attached screenshot to view the visual class overhaul changes
  • Complete addition of the all new race DRAKES!
  • Brand NEW Survival Map: Arena Survival Bring all of your friends to play on this 6 player survival.
    • The map adapts to the amount of players the game starts with so feel free to play with less than 6 players as the map should still feel fairly balanced. - and even if it doesn't feel balanced, I have added modifications so that you the players can change the difficulty according to how you like it!
    • Want to fight fodder units for the first 20 turns? You can do that! Want to fight only few very tough enemies right off of the bat? It is your choice to make! Enjoy it the way you want to!
  • Major rebalance to the weapon equipping requirements
    • Previously it was far too easy to upgrade your heroes with tier 4 weapons 20 turns into a scenario. These nerfs make the game play out more as intended where heroes will now have to grind for those valuable hero points in order to upgrade core skills enough equip the more powerful weapons
  • Major NEW additions to the spell casting system for every magic tree
  • Rebalancing to several weapons and their respective costs (ie: a tier 1 thunderstick is no longer going to deal a whopping 16 damage)
  • A dozen new weapon additions!
  • The new summoning mechanic: allows you to summon a minion to aid in your adventures!
    • Added summoning scrolls onto maps and shops for your heroes' to summon elementals
  • New casting attack magic: cast damaging spells on your enemies from afar!
  • Nerfs to hero hp recovery during hero AMLA
  • Many new editions to all magic trees
  • Heavily buffed all healing potions
  • Heavily buffed all healing spell casts
  • Added half a dozen new potions
  • Adjusted all previously released potion costs
  • Added a dozen tomes with various functions ranging from
    • new spell casts
    • alignment changes
    • weapon changes
    • and so many more to come in future updates!
  • Added some UI changes for better clarity for players
  • Minor buffs to the Ritesh Bloodline
  • Minor changes to how chests split
  • Minor changes to how enemy kill-gold and kill-xp works to better help teammates

Once again thank you guys so much for you patience with dealing with all of the bugs on the previous updates! I appreciate you all for reporting the bugs that you did and I hope that you will continue to do so for the upcoming updates Please note that there is a bug log posted on the addons server when you go to download the addon. Some bugs were shipped along with this update that I know about but currently am still attempting to fix. They are however minor and so I deemed it okay to go ahead and release update 0.3.3

Thank you all so much for your time!
Attachments
wesnoth_class_overhaul2.PNG
Last edited by LordAwsomeness on March 10th, 2020, 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
hay207

Post by hay207 »

Congrats for the addon

First thing i noticed is the bug i reported above still not fixed, typo in 4_villages.cfg macro of [~add-ons/LA_RPG_MAPS/utils/beast/beast.cfg], MAPS should be Maps, this prevents loading of addon.

Keep up the good work.
Ports: Velensk's tower defense, dov's deep shrine, Scrolling survival, Scrolling survival Co-op, Temples of the nagas.
Addons: Tower defense maps , some ANL scenarios like: ANL 3p "A New Land" survival type, and ANL Co-operative map for 2p
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

hay207 wrote: March 10th, 2020, 2:58 am Congrats for the addon

First thing i noticed is the bug i reported above still not fixed, typo in 4_villages.cfg macro of [~add-ons/LA_RPG_MAPS/utils/beast/beast.cfg], MAPS should be Maps, this prevents loading of addon.

Keep up the good work.
Thank you for reminding me of the issue!
I do apologize, the addon always loads for me without issues so it completely slipped my mind in all of the chaos of releasing other changes :doh:
I honestly dont know how my wesnoth never has any issues with loading that; perhaps windows version just didn't recognize that the addon is missing the proper path capitalization and is able to read it no matter the caps size :hmm:

I will be dropping a small update either today or tomorrow fixing this issue so that it will not be an issue for you and other people who would like to play the addons. Once again thank you so much for your support and helping point out issues with these projects :)
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
HolyHipster

Post by HolyHipster »

Hey LordAwsome,

Unfortunately I cannot load the Map Pack either (except the new Arena Survival map) :|
Spoiler:
Haven't gotten time to play some more with the new update of the Era as of yet, but will probably do so tomorrow ! :)
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

HolyHipster wrote: March 10th, 2020, 9:19 pm Hey LordAwsome,

Unfortunately I cannot load the Map Pack either (except the new Arena Survival map) :|
Spoiler:
Haven't gotten time to play some more with the new update of the Era as of yet, but will probably do so tomorrow ! :)
I just uploaded the fix to that as well as made a lot of new minor changes and some new tomes to purchase from shops! Please let me know if you still experience any more issues! Also feel free to PM me about an hour or two before you go to play and ill gladly check and see if I can join you!
Last edited by LordAwsomeness on March 10th, 2020, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

VERSION 0.3.4 has been released!

This is primarily a small hotfix change for the RPG_Maps to work, however I also wanted to upload a couple of new tomes and the new decay magic ability! Here is a small list of this patches notable changes:
  • minor bugfixes
  • several changes to the difficulty of the Arena Survival map
  • new tomes added:
    • minor tome of healing
    • major tome of healing
    • magical tome of the gust
    • magical tome of purification
  • added new casting spells for the decay magic line
    • ice blast (casting attack)
    • null magic scales
  • adjusted the costs of summoning scrolls from 30g to 45g.
  • adjusted the cost of Heroic Potion from 25g to 40g.
  • adjusted the cost of Huge Health Potion from 35g to 40g
  • made several changes and adjustments to all weapons:
    • prices for all weapons have been changed (including the weapons listed below, all prices for tier 3-5 weapons have increased)
      • heavy sling tiers 1-5 damage and price increased
      • heavy sling tier 5 deftness and dexterity req increased
      • thunderstick tiers 3-5 damage and price increased
      • repeater tiers 3-5 damage and price greatly increased
      • halberd tiers 3-5 damage and price increased
      • pike tiers 3-5 damage and price increased
      • crossbow tiers 3-4 damage and price increased
      • crossbow tier 5 damage and attacks adjusted from 16-3 to 24-2
      • guinsoos rageblade damage and price decreased
      • guinsoos rageblade deft, dexterity and magic requirements increased by 1 each
      • guinsoos rageblade damage type changed from 'fire' to 'blade'
      • mace tiers 1-5 damage and attacks adjusted from having 2 strikes to 1 and increased damage
      • light sword tiers 4-5 damage and price decreased
      • orcish sword tiers 4-5 damage and price greatly increased
      • orcish sword tiers 4-5 strength requirement increased
      • hatchet tier 2 damage and price increased
      • hatchet tiers 3-5 damage and price greatly increased
      • fire bow tiers 3-5 price greatly increased
      • fire sword tiers 3-5 price greatly increased
There will be new additions to weapons, tomes, magics, and new scenarios in the near future! Thank you guys for your dedication and support for this project as well as thank you for so patiently reporting any bugs!

EDIT: Patched a small bug after uploading: Version 0.3.4a has now been released
  • minor bugfix with the tomes 'Purification' and 'Gust' not appearing in the consumables menu.
  • adjusted some menus to display the weapon type as to avoid confusion for newer players or people who just are not sure of what type of damage a weapon does.
  • fixed a minor bug where your summoned units would lose the upkeep=loyal modification as soon as it leveled up above level 1.
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
hay207

Post by hay207 »

LordAwesome, Are you using more than one wesnoth version, deb and steam for ex?

Got these errors now

The following add-ons had errors and could not be loaded:
    • /home/hay207/.config/wesnoth-1.14/data/add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/_main.cfg
    • /home/hay207/.config/wesnoth-1.14/data/add-ons/LA_RPG_Maps/_main.cfg

Please report this to the respective authors or maintainers of these add-ons.

Details:

Found invalid closing tag [/command] for tag [variable]
    opened at core/macros/utils.cfg:187
        included from core/_main.cfg:18
        included from _main.cfg:18
        included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/utils/shop/shop.cfg:503
        included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/utils/paths.cfg:10
        included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/LA_RPG_Era.cfg:77
        included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/_main.cfg:15
        included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/LA_RPG_Era.cfg:78
        included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/utils/shop/shop.cfg:395
    closed at ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/macros/option_macros.cfg:17
        included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/utils/paths.cfg:7
        included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/utils/shop/shop.cfg:107
        included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/LA_RPG_Era.cfg:230
        included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/LA_RPG_Era.cfg:277

Unexpected characters at line start
    at ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/utils/shop/shop.cfg:212
        included from ~add-ons/LA_RPG_Maps/scenarios/maze.cfg:31
        included from ~add-ons/LA_RPG_Maps/_main.cfg:14
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

hay207 wrote: March 10th, 2020, 11:59 pm LordAwesome, Are you using more than one wesnoth version, deb and steam for ex?

Got these errors now

The following add-ons had errors and could not be loaded:
    • /home/hay207/.config/wesnoth-1.14/data/add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/_main.cfg
    • /home/hay207/.config/wesnoth-1.14/data/add-ons/LA_RPG_Maps/_main.cfg

Please report this to the respective authors or maintainers of these add-ons.

Details:

Found invalid closing tag [/command] for tag [variable]
    opened at core/macros/utils.cfg:187
        included from core/_main.cfg:18
        included from _main.cfg:18
        included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/utils/shop/shop.cfg:503
        included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/utils/shop/shop.cfg:395
    closed at ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/macros/option_macros.cfg:17
        included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/utils/paths.cfg:7
        included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/utils/shop/shop.cfg:107
        included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/LA_RPG_Era.cfg:230
        included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/LA_RPG_Era.cfg:277

Unexpected characters at line start
    at ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/utils/shop/shop.cfg:212
I actually use the steam version just because it updates automatically and this addon is being developed for Wesnoth Version 1.14.x (currently playing it on Wesnoth 1.14.11), however I store my userdata in several different custom locations. Below is an example of where I store all of my userdata. I actually do this because about 2 years ago I bought a new gaming desktop because my gaming laptop was beginning to slow down and I wanted to put all of my wesnoth stuff on a portable SSD so that I could easily switch from my main desktop PC to my laptop for when I went to classes.
wesnoth_exes.PNG
For those who are interested in doing it themselves you simply create a shortcut off of the exe of wesnoth that youre using, then you type in --userdata-dir the_drive_you_want_to_use/folders_you_want_to_use and it will store it there
wesnoth_exe_customized.PNG
However it isn't an issue with my friends wesnoth as he uses the steam version without any of the directory changes that I use. As a matter of fact he and I are playing with version 0.3.4a of my add-on without any issues as I post this. Though I did briefly upload a buggy version of 0.3.4a and I had to quickly re-upload the addon. Perhaps you accidentally downloaded the buggy version that I uploaded, because it was up for 30 minutes before I realized I forgot to change a mistyped macro. Try redownloading it and let me know if that works.
wesnoth_0.3.4a_working.PNG
If that doesn't work, perhaps it is an issue with an operating system besides windows or perhaps it is an issue with non-steam versions of wesnoth. I haven't used a non-steam version of wesnoth with my custom addons in over a year and a half. What operating system are you running the game on? Are you running a non-steam version of wesnoth or perhaps have you forgettingly opted into the steam 1.15.x beta?
wesnoth_1.15.x_steam_beta.PNG
I hope this gets resolved! The addon is working for me and several of my other friends as well. Please let me know if any of the suggestions I gave you worked.
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA