BEST PLAYERS ON MP

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ShrinK

BEST PLAYERS ON MP

Post by ShrinK »

Put who you think the best players are on MP:

Dont' vote for yourself.. and maybe if we get two players that everyone thinks are good we can hold a few games between each of them and see who is better.. =)

Anyone up for a tournament.. i know i am.. i'd like to set one up.. i'm just not sure how to set one up lol..

BEST PLAYERS IMO on MP: Soliton & DragonKing
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

How is this related to DEVELOPMENT at all? Please remove this post.
Breeblebox

Post by Breeblebox »

My votes are for MRhe, telly, and Sylma. The last two are a shoe in for being the finalists in pg's last MP tourney.
Bear, as in Fozzy,Bare, as in Arms,Beer, as in Free.
Distro | Browser
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Rhuvaen wrote:How is this related to DEVELOPMENT at all? Please remove this post.
I do think it would be more appropriate in the Users' Forum, but it's just fine here too.

As for me, I'd say myself, and telly. I couldn't vote honestly without including myself.

Dragonkind is good, but he doesn't seem to know how to protect his units well. He's exceptionally good at putting units in positions where your average player will attack them at a disadvantage, though... so I don't know how to rank him.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Breeblebox

Post by Breeblebox »

Elvish Pillager wrote:I couldn't vote honestly without including myself.
Huge call. Do you play under a Pseudonym on the MP server EP? We still haven't had our match where you recruit only walking corpses.

;]
Bear, as in Fozzy,Bare, as in Arms,Beer, as in Free.
Distro | Browser
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I think this topic is fine here, and a tournament would be nice. pg already hosted one tournament, and IIRC, telly won.

Another tournament would be nice. I believe pg intended it to be a regular feature.

I think it'd also be cool (if non-trivial to implement) if the server had a feature where a tournament could be set up and it would automatically manage it and adjudicate and record results.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Breeblebox wrote:
Elvish Pillager wrote:I couldn't vote honestly without including myself.
Huge call. Do you play under a Pseudonym on the MP server EP?
No.

About the walking corpses, what map would we use? Charge, perhaps?
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.

Post by Guest »

I don't think Elvish Pillager could be Dragonking. But I think it would be a good match. I rarely see Elvish Pillager on MP.....

Ah, I remember dragonking said that Elvish Presley was a good player (though I've never seen him), my votes for him too.
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

i seen one time EP on MP server ...
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

I don't want to play favorites, because there are about a dozen or so players that can beat any other player given different conditions and the sort.

Some of these include: GP, Annhiliator, Dragonking, Soliton, Pikel, ZDZ, The artist formerly known as Joeuer, Olof, Hudson, RGF, Dubhe, KKO, BBJ, Heironymus, Hellhound and a lot of others... I can't remember them all.

One I would like to single out however is Elvish Prestley. Constatly his innovative ways have suprised me and put me in the losers catagory.

As for telly or slyma, I haven't ever seen these players on MP, or if I did it was a long time ago. I think the game has evolved quite a bit since then.
annihilator

Post by annihilator »

Well i am not so good as they say, anyway i wanted to say that i know many mp players, and of course many are good (the one Noy wrote above for example) but to me dragonking still is one of the guys who knows better the game.. I mean maybe you can win against him (1 time out of 10 :P ) but every time it's a pain in the a** :D I mean he knows how to take advantage from your mistakes very well.. To win against him you have to make no mistakes (and have enough luck) :D :P Just my 2 cent! :wink: :D
pg

Post by pg »

Noy wrote:As for telly or slyma, I haven't ever seen these players on MP, or if I did it was a long time ago.
Well, I haven't been following Wesnoth multiplayer like I used to but Sylma and Telly were at least a few levels of skill above every other player during .0.8.8 IIRC.
I think the game has evolved quite a bit since then.
I think the vast majority of the gameplay is the same... Hopefully there will be another tournament someday. I've been on a break from Wesnoth because I was sick of how overpowered level 0s were.
fromoze

Post by fromoze »

My opinion musn't be listened because I'm a noOoOOob, and I haven't play agaisnt many of the players you name. But, I'd like to say thar the one who frighten me the most is a; with his little and full of wickedness name is a dangerous one!