Dark Forecast (2p Survival) - Bosses Not Spawning

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

vyze

Dark Forecast (2p Survival) - Bosses Not Spawning

Post by vyze »

I used to play the map Dark Forecast (Co-op Survival) quite a bit a few years ago, but upon coming back and checking it out I noticed that the final bosses that used to spawn weren't spawning (yeti, dragon, elf). Is there a way to fix this or has the map simply been made easier since then?
vyze

Re: Dark Forecast (2p Survival) - Bosses Not Spawning

Post by vyze »

Upon further research it seems that only one of the boss waves spawns at turn 42 (seems to be either the lich or the dragon), even though they used to all spawn turn after turn. Sometimes the boss wave dialog doesn't even show up, which leads me to believe that the map is currently bugged. I'd really like to find a fix for this, as I think that the map is still far and away the best map in Wesnoth, but the difficulty is too low in its bugged form even with the difficulty slider maxed.

Any help is greatly appreciated, sorry for the bump!
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

You coudl try to add the folloing event to the 2p_Dark_Forecast.cfg file

Code: Select all

[event]
  name="turn 1"
  [set_variable]
    name="next_final_spawn"
    value="$($final_turn + 2)"
  [/set_variable]
[/event]

allso please post the cpontents of the errolog file if the spawns don't appear
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
vyze

Post by vyze »

gfgtdf wrote: March 12th, 2019, 8:53 pm You coudl try to add the folloing event to the 2p_Dark_Forecast.cfg file

Code: Select all

[event]
  name="turn 1"
  [set_variable]
    name="next_final_spawn"
    value="$($final_turn + 2)"
  [/set_variable]
[/event]

allso please post the cpontents of the errolog file if the spawns don't appear
That worked, thank you so much!
Ahren

Post by Ahren »

I am encountering this problem. I am running the Steam version. I opened the cfg and found that event already there exactly as you have it.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Maybe you loaded a saved game that was made before the game was updated? The changes only take effect if you restart the scenario.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.