MP Action Time Bonus

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

RiesenMumpitz

MP Action Time Bonus

Post by RiesenMumpitz »

Hi folks,

a friend and me recently played a "blitz" challenge match of Wesnoth and experimented with the new 1.14 feature of "Action Bonus" time for a time-limited match. We discovered that the time bonus from recruiting, fighting and taking houses are added to the turn time of the NEXT turn.
What is the reason / reasons for this implementation?
We thought it would make more sense to add the time bonus to the current turn, as it would compensate the time loss of fights and recruitments. :mrgreen:

Greetings,
RiesenMumpitz
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Re: MP Action Time Bonus

Post by Sapient »

It's not a new feature. That was the first patch I added to Wesnoth back in Version 1.1.3! To answer your question "Why" I simply did not think of that. Honestly, it's a great idea! However, if your opponent is observing the clock jump backwards, they may realize when you have recruited another unit behind the fog. That may not be a problem depending on your goals and preferences.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
RiesenMumpitz

Re: MP Action Time Bonus

Post by RiesenMumpitz »

Hum... that sounds quite far away.. though I cannot remember to have seen that at any time before.. but I may be mistaken :mrgreen:
Anyway, I see your point, but honestly don't think its a great issue as everyone has the same "advantage" to have an idea of when the enemy is recruiting units in the fog ;) but if possible one could make the option choosable whether it should be added in or after the current turn :geek: :mrgreen: