Strongest faction

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

thenotoriousmrbaker

Strongest faction

Post by thenotoriousmrbaker »

What's the current thoughts on the strength/weakness of vanilla multiplayer factions? Who is the strongest, who is the weakest, and who's somewhere in the middle?
Saratos

Re: Strongest faction

Post by Saratos »

Pretty sure they meticulously try to balance the default factions so that that kind of thing doesn't exist ;P

Also, the map matters a lot with this question too. Dwarves will be stronger in mountainous terrain, and Elves in forests.

Think of it in terms of response. Each faction has a response to each unit another faction can recruit, therefore if you play strategically on flat terrain for example, the game should always be balanced.
BLP

Post by BLP »

(((...5+1I_I_ *PWN1NG* aF+3R AI_I_ +H353 Y3AR5...)))
enclave

Post by enclave »

1) it depends on map size too.. whats good for ladder may be not good for isar cross and vice versa.
2) it's all not about which faction is strongest it's about which matchup is worse than other.. for example people prefer not to be dwarw vs loyalists on ladder. And I would personally prefer not to be drakes vs undead (not that's it's unplayable, but you have to be too careful in such matchup). Sometimes people dont like to be elf vs drakes, because elfs cant attack properly.
Saying all above examples people still win dwarw vs loyals, undead vs drakes, elves vs drakes etc etc.. It all depends on your skills, style of play, map, matchup, RNG (last but not least lol.)