Eagle's combined MP modifications thread

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Eagle_11

Re: Eagle's combined MP modifications thread

Post by Eagle_11 »

just went and added an type= for all.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Eagle_11 wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 6:39 pmSorry for replying so late. I somehow did not see your post until now....

Also i have just realized how extremely unintuitive all of this is. So feel free to suggest on how it could be remade so that it would be clear to the player.
Thank you. I get it now. As for how to make it more intuitive, I'm not sure if I have any better ideas right now.
Graypaws11

Post by Graypaws11 »

I get an error that occurs whenever I advance to an Executioner (pikeman L3) in the Extra Advancements mod. I'll advance a unit and finish a turn just fine, but when I hit end turn, an error pops up and the executioner vanishes. Doesn't happen with any other units in this mod (That I've encountered).
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Graypaws11 wrote: September 6th, 2018, 9:45 pm I get an error that occurs whenever I advance to an Executioner (pikeman L3) in the Extra Advancements mod. I'll advance a unit and finish a turn just fine, but when I hit end turn, an error pops up and the executioner vanishes. Doesn't happen with any other units in this mod (That I've encountered).
Fixed it.
New version is up. Added even more and changed graphics of some.
Graypaws11

Post by Graypaws11 »

Wow, much faster than I'd expected. Wish I'd taken the time to post sooner -- Thanks!
jcrain12

Post by jcrain12 »

I have run into a problem with your extra advancements mod in Heir to the Throne. When getting the flame sword later in the story, your units can not level beyond level 3, otherwise, they can't obtain the sword as they get registered as units other than the "hero unit" that requires pickup. I happened to have the princess at level three at the time and gave it to her, but she leveled up to level 4 at the end of the scenario. When I started the next scenario, she had no movement points and 1 hp. Is this something that you can fix or is it supposed to be an anti-cheat thing build into the base game?
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

I do not have added any advancement for the Princess in HttT, so that must be another mod.
donkihote

Post by donkihote »

Hello,
Here again :P
I was thinking in free xp mod. (Still doesnt work for me btw)
So i think that would be amazing if there would be diferent slider for the campaign opponents. Got the idea in the last scenario of raising wesnoth, when i had only 4-5 lvl full trained army and the AI sent me lvl0 units... I can recall, but the AI units fight only in 1 scenario, so if they get more xp that would make more interesting and challenging the game. Maybe a progressive setting would be the best, first 2 chapter: Ai gains 1xp, second two: 2xp, etc..., or a slider for it too XD

And a bit late but thanks Gfgtdf for ur help.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

i just observed a game with 'heroic leades mod' and notied that it adds the hero trait in each scenario of a mp campaign, so in the 5th scenario they'll have the hero trait 5 times. Its be better if thte trait woud just be added once.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

I get warnings in stderr when having some of the add-ons installed:
Spoiler:
Try out the dark board theme.
Ruvaak

Post by Ruvaak »

Hello,

I made a recent mod this week-end, "Advance Wesnoth Wars" (see the informations in my signature link), based of some of Eagle mods, made them working on compaigns and fixed some bugs. Dunno who stil maintain them, but you can make a quick look on my code to improve them, maybe.
Creator of Advance Wesnoth Wars mod
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Healer XP Mod
Healers gain xp by standing next to a unit, they don't care whether that unit is damaged.

Rebels Tweaks: Elvish Magicians
Arcane Shield:
this unit... -> This unit...
Ruvaak

Post by Ruvaak »

Konrad2 wrote: March 28th, 2019, 3:45 pm Healer XP Mod
Healers gain xp by standing next to a unit, they don't care whether that unit is damaged.
this unit... -> This unit...

I fixed this in Advanced Wesnoth Wars. Someone is maintening all theses Eagle mods ?
Creator of Advance Wesnoth Wars mod
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Healers do not receive xp for healing allied units.
patience_reloaded

Post by patience_reloaded »

Dear Eagle_11

I have come across a problem in your Shipbuilding Mod:
I garrisoned multiple units into multiple transport ships all across the map, using multiple players. When I tried to ungarrison the units again, the first unit ungarrisoned was the last one i garrisoned, which happened to be a member of an enemy player and by the way the wrong unit type, and when I tried to ungarrison more units, the respective ships gave me an error (the variable "boat.variable.unit" doesn't exist) and dissapeared.

It looks like the unit garrisoned in the ship is one global variable which is overwritten every time a new unit is garrisoned somewhere in a ship. Then, when a unit is ungarrisoned (not necessarily the right one, since it will be the last one garrisoned), the variable is deleted, which afterwards causes an error.

Could you maybe fix this problem or write in the mod description more clearly that only one unit at a time can be garrisoned in all the ships?
Thank you very much.

Ps: Your mod is still an extremely cool idea, even if it doesn't work 100% well currently.

EDIT: I don't know much about WML, but I have a proposal how the issue could maybe be solved: The units inside of the transports are not saved as variables, but are moved to a special set of tiles during the travel. These tiles would be outside of the the accessible map, for example they would have negative coordinates (or coordinates exceeding the maximum map size).
The coordinates of the stored unit are saved as an additional trait of the ship. When garrisoning multiple units in multiple ships, those units would be teleported to different tiles outside of the map. These tiles must not touch one another, or the garrisoned units might start fighting, which would not be ideal since their ships may be far away from one another.
This system would have some side-effects, though:
- Garrisoned units would rest during their travels, regenerating ones even regenerate, since they would spend multiple turns without any action.
- On the other hand, they would cost their upkeep during the journey.
- If a transport ship with someone onboard is sunk, the respective loaded unit must be destroyed too.
- Since the garrisoned unit is no longer removed from the game during the travel, the restriction forbidding leaders to board a ship could be removed, if desired.
If moving a unit outside the map doesn't work, then maybe adding more (inaccessible) tiles to the edge of the map if the Mod is activated? Then the unit could be teleported to one of these tiles.

Additionally, I have a suggestion to make the mod more compatible to other modifications:
The list of units which are not allowed to board a ship is currently a hardcoded list.
I believe that it would be an advantage to check if a unit can move onto deep water tiles, meaning if they can move on deep water with two or less moves, they are a swimming or flying unit that doesn't need to board a ship. This would still keep the flying and swimming units out, including the ships themselves, so it would not change the current behaviour but make more sense for other modifications, especially other eras.
Plus: the restriction forbidding mechanical units to board could be removed, which would make it better for other eras that feature war machines as recruitable units (Era of Magic, for instance).
Last edited by patience_reloaded on February 11th, 2020, 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.