Eagle's combined MP modifications thread

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Eagle_11

Eagle's combined MP modifications thread

Post by Eagle_11 »

This thread can be used for bug reporting, suggesting things, giving feedback, asking questions about them, etc.

Here is an listing of my mods that can be found on the 1.14 server
Advance on Kill Mod: If this mod is on, then attacker must take defender's hex upon kill. Works only at offense and only for melee attackers, giving ranged attacks another advantage.
Assimilation Mod: If this mod is on, then whenever an enemy leader is killed that side's remaining units and villages switch allegiances to the owner of unit that has landed the killing blow.
Guard Towers: If this mod is on, then you can build Guard Towers on Villages, to do so the village should belong to you and have no any unit on it, then through right-click context-menu can order an Guard Tower to be built there for 16 gold. The Guard Tower is a stationary level 1 mechanical unit with 45 hp, that is of neutral alignment and does not incur upkeep, has a vision radius of 3, can use 10 dmg-1 strike ballista and 4 dmg-3 strike archery attacks at range, has no melee attack and 0% resistance against any type of damage.
Building an Guard Tower on a village denies your opponent the capture of this village, for the drawback that yourself cannot use the village for healing either aslong the Guard Tower stands on it.
Free XP mod: If used, then every unit gains XP at end of their side's turn for simply staying alive. Now with an slider ranging beteen 1-10!
If this mod is on, then your leader unit may deploy an Healing Tent, to do so the unit should have full moves and be standing on flat terrain(open desert, snow covered and cavernous flats also count), then through the right-click context-menu can order it to deploy the Healing Tent. When the leader deploys the tent its moves are depleted for that turn.
Healing Tent: The Healing Tent functions like an portable village that provides the usual village healing benefits but no income. If an enemy unit enters the hex with the Healing Tent it gets instantly destroyed(this also applies to neutral tents without a side), the leader unit can pick up the deployed tent of its own side to carry it elsewhere. Note that whilst you can steal an ally's tent, your leader can carry and deploy only one tent at a time.
The Healing Tent cannot be pitched within 3 radius of any village, castle or keep tile, therefore its of limited use in most maps, except in those that are Randomly generated.
Heroic Leaders: If this mod is on, then leaders become uber versions of that unit as if had traits Strong, Dextrous, Resilient, Intelligent, Quick and Healthy all at once.
Turn 1 Immobilizer: The leader unit too cannot move at first turn if enabled. This should work with most eras.
Kill Bounty: If this mod is on, then your units earn random 1-6 gold per kill for your side.
Kill Bounty - Fixated Income version: If this mod is on, then each kill earns you gold equal to level of killed unit + 1.
Raze and Rebuild: If this mod is on, then any unit(except leaders) can sack villages, to do so the unit should have full moves and be inside the village, then through right-click context-menu can order it to raze the village.
When an village is razed it yields random 3-7 gold for that unit's side and rubble appears at that hex, and the razing unit has it's moves depleted for that turn.
To rebuild a village leader unit must be standing on the rubble hex and have full movement points, then through right-click context-menu you can rebuild the village.
Rebuilding an village that was on flat costs 14 gold, cave, water, snow, desert terrain costs 13g, swamp costs 12g, mountain and hills costs 15 gold.
Expendable Leaders: Allows players to promote another unit so it can recruit, the unit promoted this way is expendable as long there is more than one unit that can recruit.
To promote an unit it must be level 2 or greater, have full moves, be standing on a castle or keep hex and standing adjacent to another unit that can recruit of that side.
Upon promotion the unit cannot move or fight for that turn.
Ranged Attacks Mod (simplified): When this mod is on, all ranged attacks can be used over an radius of one hex beyond adjacent. To perform an ranged attack, be sure to position your unit within correct radius, then right-click on the enemy unit to get option for striking over the distance.
Whilst attacking over the distance strikes and retaliation occurs normally, however only the strikes that scored an hit do get animated.
This version of the mod is intended for default multiplayer era, thus this version of the ranged attacks component factors in only the default weapon-specials.
Rush Mod: Units can move and attack on the same turn they have been recruited if enabled. This should work with most eras.
Schedule Extender - Midday & Midnight: Expands the default schedule with Midday and Midnight, when used it will override random day-time starting option always starting at Dawn.
Shipbuilding Mod: When this mod is on you can recruit two types of ships on shallow or deep water hexes adjacent to an Village that belongs to you. Then through right-click context-menu can order an War Galleon or Transport Galleon to be recruited on the water hex.
The Transport Galleon can ferry one non-mechanical land unit over the sea and is entirely defenseless. Note: Your leader(or any other canrecruit=yes for that matter) may not use the boat. To load an unit into the ship, both the ship and the unit to be loaded must have atleast one movepoint remaining and be adjacent to each other, then you can right-click on the transport and use "Load into Boat". Should there be multiple adjacent friendly units present one will be picked at random.
Units that are already flying, floating or swimming cannot get loaded into an Transport Ship, to filter them out used type=id's, therefore filtering out swimmer and flyers only works for the Default era. Units cannot be unloaded into impassable, water(can into ford or swamp), lava, mountain or volcano terrain when disembarking out of an Transport Ship. Upon disembarking the exiting unit will have 0 moves remaining.
The War Galleon has an Ballista with 10 pierce damage 2 strikes attack and does not transport any units. Both ships have 20% resistance to cold, 10% resistance to pierce, take 20% increased damage from fire and 10% increased damage from impact.
The ships are level 1 mechanical units with 35 hp and 5 moves that cost 15g, have normal upkeep, 50% defense in water(40% in swamps, 30% in reefs), can only travel on wet terrain(those being water and swamps) and absolutely cannot go on land. Also they can self-repair at an rate of 4 hitpoints per turn when overseas.
Building an ship may help with opening up new opportunities in maps that have abundant water.
Spoils of War: If this mod is on, then whenever an enemy leader is killed, owner of the unit that has landed the killing blow gets that side's remaining gold.

In addition to those i have mods that alter some part of an default era faction, add some additional mechanic, or even add a new unit to the line-up of a faction. They work for all eras which include the default factions.
Level 2 Reinforcements - Default Era: When this mod is on, you can recall level 2 units of your faction in limited quantity during an multiplayer match. The amount of recalls available is determined with an slider located under game settings and is default 3 per player.
Only level 2 types that are eligible to become an leader(determined by your faction's leader list) is considered for the generation, the recalls are generated at match begin and can be recalled for 20 gold each, irrevelant of type.
Loyalist Tweaks: Blade and Spear: If this mod is on, then Loyalists get an Infantryman unit who functions as an level 1 blade damage dealing unit that can level into Swordsman and Lieutenant. Spearman gets tweaked to not level into Swordsman, only into Pikeman and Javelineer.
This addon also adds an level 3 advancement for Javelineer unit-line.
Loyalists Tweaks: 'Fire Shield' for Red Mage: When this mod is on Red Mage, Arch Mage and Great Mage units gain 'Fire Shield' ability. Whenever an unit with 'Fire Shield' gets struck in melee the attacker suffers fire damage equal to 1/4 the damage dealt. Great Mage gains an additional 'meteor strike' 36-1 fire damage attack with always 40% chance to hit.
Loyalist Tweaks: Seperated Healer and Mages: If this mod is on, then Loyalists get an White Adept unit who functions as an level 1 healer unit that can level into White Mage. Mage gets tweaked to not level into White Mage, instead gains an new possible advancement named Grey Mage, which is an more close combat oriented mage armed with sword and magic missile spell.
Recruit Replacement: Merman Fighters instead Merman Hunters: If this mod is on, then Rebels can recruit Merman Fighter unit instead Merman Hunters.
Recruit Replacement: Thieves instead Fencers: If this mod is on, then Loyalists can recruit Thief unit instead Fencers.
Woses with Traits: If this mod is on, then Wose units can get one of "Strong", "Resilient" or "Healthy" traits.
Zombie Randomizer:If used, then recruited Walking Corpse and Soulless come as random variation each time. Experimented only with default era zombies, may or not work with other eras.

edit: just a heads up. I have merged the various exra recruits into one addon 'Extra Recruits for Defaule era factions'. There is also an seperate addon 'Extra Advancements for Default era units', Great Ogre, Elvish Overlord, Dwarvish Mountaineer etc. are now stored therein, alongside many new others. Its also possible to obtain Ancient Lich, Orcish Nightblade, Armageddon Drake, etc. using that.
Rezonus

Re: Eagle's combined MP modifications thread

Post by Rezonus »

Both the extra advancements and extra recruits for default era mod crashes my game if I tick either of there boxes.
deathblob

Post by deathblob »

the shambling thrall for undead lists no advancement in the in-game health and gives this error when it tries to level up and advance. otherwise the new units are working fine for me. hopefully it's an easy fix.
Attachments
leveluperror.png
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Fixed the Shambling Thrall's missing advancement.
Rezonus wrote: May 28th, 2018, 11:00 am Both the extra advancements and extra recruits for default era mod crashes my game if I tick either of there boxes.
I have attempted to shorten tooltip of both addons, think its occuring because text is too long to get displayed in a tooltip causing the crash, let me know if it still occurs.
Rezonus

Post by Rezonus »

They no longer crash my game.
deathblob

Post by deathblob »

so the shambling thrall levels up fine to soulless thrall but then runs into a similar issue with next level up it seems. i used a free exp mod again to get the exp quick if that matters at all. sorry it took a while to respond I was away last few days so i did not get a chance to check till today. exp bar on unit is white but the ingame help page lists no unit to advance to. it correctly shows the shambling thall it advances from though now. Thank you for your hard work, i'll let you know if i spot any other bugs but so far the rest of the units seem to work fine.
Attachments
undeadlevelup.png
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

I am sorry. Fix is up now.
deathblob

Post by deathblob »

thanks
donkihote

Post by donkihote »

hello,
i really like ur modifications, but unfortunatelly im a SP player, and most of them are not useable, or even worse, for example the extra advancement for defaoult units. when ureachthat lvl u lose ur unit, except if thats a leader, thats a pain when u put a lot to advance a unit and u lose for "nothing". Generally id like to ask u rethink that u make ur modifications for SP games too.
Thanks Donki
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

donkihote wrote: August 9th, 2018, 7:55 am hello,
i really like ur modifications, but unfortunatelly im a SP player, and most of them are not useable, or even worse, for example the extra advancement for defaoult units. when ureachthat lvl u lose ur unit, except if thats a leader, thats a pain when u put a lot to advance a unit and u lose for "nothing". Generally id like to ask u rethink that u make ur modifications for SP games too.
Thanks Donki
This is the first time i have got to know of such an issue. I would like to fix it, but first you need to tell me more about whats happening.
What do you mean by 'lose your unit', is it *poof* gone or does it give any error ?
When i had test them in a skirmish they had been working properly. What scenario or campaign you had been playing ? could be an issue with that campaign/scenario itself.
donkihote

Post by donkihote »

i play from steam so the latest update i have. Experienced this disapiered units problem in legend of wesmere. when i chose a non default upgrade in the next scenerio i cant recall them, they simply arent in the list..., there werent any error maseage, and i could use them till the end of the scenerio
i assume this problem exist in other campagins too becouse what modifications of u i tested non worked in SP (havent tried them in MP, nor even with AI). Tried the following addons: zombie randomizer, free xp, rush mode, range attack simplified, kill bounty. tried them in some campaign nowhere worked.
so my intention was ur mods dont work in SP, also the name of this thread is "MP"
thanks for ur fast answer btw :)
donkihote

Post by donkihote »

just checked the following mods are urs too, but arent in this threads's list: healer xp and heroic leaders.
as i see 90% of the addons id like use are from u so really thanks, but they dont work for me :P
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

I have tried several of your multiplayer modifications. These seem to work properly for me:

Assimilation Mod

Spoils of War

Zombie Randomizer

These, however, never seem to work for me:

Raze and Rebuild

Expendable Leaders

Shipbuilding Mod

The problem is always the same. Somehow, nothing appropriate to the mod show up in the right-click context menu. That is, I'll pull up the menu, but neither "raze" nor "promote" nor anything like them appears in the menu.
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Temuchin Khan wrote: August 17th, 2018, 10:19 am These, however, never seem to work for me:
Raze and Rebuild
Expendable Leaders
Shipbuilding Mod
The problem is always the same. Somehow, nothing appropriate to the mod show up in the right-click context menu. That is, I'll pull up the menu, but neither "raze" nor "promote" nor anything like them appears in the menu.
Sorry for replying so late. I somehow did not see your post until now.

To raze an village park any canrecruit=no unit on the village you want to gone, at begin of next turn when that unit has full moves right-click on that unit you will get option to destroy the village, converting it into custom village rubble tile.
razeville.png
razeville.png (103.62 KiB) Viewed 15448 times
To rebuild an razed village from an custom village rubble tile park your canrecruit=yes unit on it's position, at begin of next turn when that unit has full moves right-click on that unit you will get option to rebuild the village for getting it back up operational.
rebuildville.png
rebuildville.png (118.9 KiB) Viewed 15448 times
To promote another unit to an expendable recruiter it must be level 2, park it next to your leader with both of them being on castle or keep(both tiles are eligible), at the begin of next turn when that level 2 unit you want to promote has full moves right-click on that unit you will get option to promote it.
promoting.png
promoting.png (129.91 KiB) Viewed 15448 times
To build an ship to sail the waters, first capture an village that has an adjacent water tile. Then right-click on that water tile that is adjacent to your owned village you will get option to build an ship.
shipbuilding.png
shipbuilding.png (170.01 KiB) Viewed 15448 times

Also i have just realized how extremely unintuitive all of this is. So feel free to suggest on how it could be remade so that it would be clear to the player.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

It was reported that some of your modifications only work in mp but do not have the type=mp attribute set. (https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/issues/3470)
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.