A Tech Tree Mod usable by AI players

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Hammerfritz

A Tech Tree Mod usable by AI players

Post by Hammerfritz »

Greetings, fellow Wesnothians!

I made a new modification called "Tech Tree Mod". It works by adding the unit type of units that just advanced to the recruit list, and allowing you to buy experience for units. Since AI cannot do that, it also includes the option to have specific players gather more killing experience, so AI players also get faster access to higher level recruits. The idea is to play this mod at high XP modifier and thus require the players to commit to some unit lines more than to others.
I briefly tested this mod without other mods and with my Proper Flying mod and Squad-Scale Units modpack enabled, and it should work regardless of era. As usual, feedback is most welcome, especially when it comes to bugs!

Greez,
Hammerfritz

EDIT: Made a slight balancing change with 0.11.0
In general, speaking is a free action that you can perform even when it isn’t your turn.

(Wizards of the Coast: Dungeons and Dragons Player's Handbook)
wkwalker333

Re: A Tech Tree Mod usable by AI players

Post by wkwalker333 »

Will this mod cause some weapon abilities to be dropped?

Eagle"s 11 outlaw ranger does no get the split fire, EoMa's summoner's?Air god loses all-around as well as the EoMa Destroyers/Obliterater's all-around.

Thanks
Hammerfritz

Re: A Tech Tree Mod usable by AI players

Post by Hammerfritz »

wkwalker333 wrote: September 11th, 2018, 4:35 am Eagle"s 11 outlaw ranger does no get the split fire, EoMa's summoner's?Air god loses all-around as well as the EoMa Destroyers/Obliterater's all-around.
Hi there, and sorry for the late reply!

I just downloaded those eras and ran a quick test:
I created a unit levelling into Air God or Ranger, had it advance the natural way by killing something, recruited a unit of the same type as allowed by tech tree mod. The specials you mentioned all worked fine for me.
If you still run into that problem I'd be happy to see if I can find out why.

Qapla'!
In general, speaking is a free action that you can perform even when it isn’t your turn.

(Wizards of the Coast: Dungeons and Dragons Player's Handbook)