timer carryover to the next level/scenario

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

enclave

timer carryover to the next level/scenario

Post by enclave »

Hi, we are using version 1.12 of wesnoth and there is a multiplayer campaign which removes the timer on the next scenario ([endlevel]), is it normal behaviour?
If yes then maybe is there any plan to improve things for 1.13? Or maybe there is a way to restore timer to initial settings (via WML or lua)?
Thanks..
gfgtdf
Developer

Re: timer carryover to the next level/scenario

Post by gfgtdf »

there is afaik no way to change timer settings via wml/lua. If i understood you correctly what you desciribe sounds like bug please fiel a report at our tracker.

But actually i'd be surprised if such a bug wasn't noticed eariler since afaik all of those 'random map picker' mp addons basicially use mp campaign stuff ([endlevel] with next_scenario) and they are also used on ladder.

Also i think it makes little sense to have timers in a coop scenario/campaigns since you'll basicially only hurt yourself if your teammate doesn't manange to do his moves in time.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
enclave

Re: timer carryover to the next level/scenario

Post by enclave »

the campaign was a sandbox (random map picker) :D and that's why I was asking about it, because somebody finally mentioned the sandbox problems :D
I have not tried it myself in detail yet, but according to others the timer disappears for either both or only for one of the players :)