The Curse of Satan Claus

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Choicerer

Re: The Curse of Satan Claus

Post by Choicerer »

ForestDragon wrote:bugreport, when playing on the current latest version (1.4.0c, if I'm not mistaken (or maybe 1,4,0b, not sure)) satan doesn't spawn on the turn he should, and instead the following error message appears in the chat:
error.png
Thanks! Can you provide more info so I can recreate the bug, as all is in order here.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Choicerer wrote:Thanks! Can you provide more info so I can recreate the bug, as all is in order here.
could you specify what exact details do you need?
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Choicerer

Post by Choicerer »

The map, the turn on which Satan was set to spawn. Any units in the centre of the map?
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Choicerer wrote:The map
Hamlets 2p. reproduceable on any other map too.
Choicerer wrote:the turn on which Satan was set to spawn.
happens with any selected turn.
Choicerer wrote:Any units in the centre of the map?
none. the previous version (1.3.x) worked fine for me. if you have a backup, maybe check what changed since them?
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
Choicerer

Post by Choicerer »

Okay, it's not happening here. What are the settings you are using (slider positions)?
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Choicerer wrote:Okay, it's not happening here. What are the settings you are using (slider positions)?
max available hp/damage/strikes, turn 1, restrictions 3, and impassable terrain on (though I doubt these the cause. the more likely reason would be a typo in the code)
Choicerer

Post by Choicerer »

Omg, yes, now I remember. I've already encountered the bug before, but forgot to fix it. It's actually caused by the number of strikes (5). You didn't get it before because the slider didn't work. 1.4b fixed the slider, previously it used to always be 3 no matter what you'd set. Apparently the max allowed number of strikes you can set is 4. Time for bugfix c. Thanks for the heads-up.
Last edited by Choicerer on January 6th, 2018, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Choicerer wrote:Omg, yes, now I remember. I've already encountered the bug before, but forgot to fix it. It's actually caused by the number of strikes (5). You didn't get it before because the slider didn't work. 1.4b fixed the slider, previously it used to always be 3 no matter what you'd set. Apparently max allowed number of strikes you can set is 4. Time for bugfix c. Thanks for the heads-up.
glad to help!
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

EDIT: oddly enough, the same bug still persists even in the fixed version, with the same error message (and not matter the amount of strikes I select) :hmm:
Choicerer

Post by Choicerer »

Yes, damage set to more than 9 causes it, too. I'll fix it shortly.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

some more ideas for the mod:
-you can give satan 50% defense on impassable terrain by using the following effect inside an [object] (right now his ability to pass though walls can be exploited in some cave maps due to his having 0% defense in the walls):

Code: Select all

[effect]
            apply_to=defense
            replace=true
            [defense]
                impassable=50
            [/defense]
        [/effect]
-you can change satan's profile image to be red-tinted red using the following:

[effect]
            apply_to=profile
            portrait="portraits/undead/spectre.png~GS()~BLEND(255,0,0,0.5)"
        [/effect]
-it would be nice if satan claus had a [message] when appearing, like "Ho ho ho!"
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

more ideas:
-it would be nice if there was a lvl4 option for satan claus, instead of just 1,2,3
-checkbox idea: option to give satan the regeneration ability
-it would be nice if the "Jingle Bells" attack damage scaled accordingly to the selected level. this will both allow
-in the restrictions option menu, the difference between the first/second options isn't very clear. It would be a good idea to specify what exactly the second option does.
Choicerer

Post by Choicerer »

ForestDragon wrote:some more ideas for the mod:
-you can give satan 50% defense on impassable terrain by using the following effect inside an [object] (right now his ability to pass though walls can be exploited in some cave maps due to his having 0% defense in the walls):

[effect]
            apply_to=defense
            replace=true
            [defense]
                impassable=50
            [/defense]
        [/effect]
Done.
ForestDragon wrote: -you can change satan's profile image to be red-tinted red using the following:

[effect]
            apply_to=profile
            portrait="portraits/undead/spectre.png~GS()~BLEND(255,0,0,0.5)"
        [/effect]
Done.
ForestDragon wrote: -it would be nice if satan claus had a [message] when appearing, like "Ho ho ho!"
I've thought about that, but I didn't want to spam multiplayer scenarios with messages too much. He does scream, though. Like a griphon.
Choicerer wrote: Yes, damage set to more than 9 causes it, too. I'll fix it shortly.
I've identified the bug. It was caused by Wesnoth not being able to handle double negative values. Now the limit's been increased to 20 damage and 10 strikes (crazy, I know) and it works.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Choicerer wrote:I've identified the bug. It was caused by Wesnoth not being able to handle double negative values. Now the limit's been increased to 20 damage and 10 strikes (crazy, I know) and it works.
Well, the more customization possibility, the better :)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

bugreport, in the 1.4.0e version when satan tries to attack, the following error message appears during each attack attempt, and the attack doesn't happen (I set hp to 30 damage to 8, and strikes to 2 (works when damage is set to 10 or, though, but sometimes doesn't work even then)):
error2.png