The Curse of Satan Claus

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Choicerer

Re: The Curse of Satan Claus

Post by Choicerer »

I've already seen this, and I believe it doesn't have anything to do with the settings, but with Player names being "Anonymous local player". Can you confirm if this happens if you set the names to Forest Dragon?
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Choicerer wrote:I've already seen this, and I believe it doesn't have anything to do with the settings, but with Player names being "Anonymous local player". Can you confirm if this happens if you set player names to Forest Dragon?
it seems like this solves the issue. the issue seemingly only happened against AI. it would be nice if you fixed the incompatibility vs ai.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Choicerer

Post by Choicerer »

Against the AI? Not sure what you mean, I've seen the bug happen with just 3 anonymous local players and a Choicerer. I sadly have no idea why it would be happening, but I'm afraid it's some internal Wensoth lua workings and I've barely managed to implement that lua feature that is causing it thanks to InvisibleJames' help anyway.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Choicerer wrote:Against the AI? Not sure what you mean, I've seen the bug happen with just 3 anonymous local players and a Choicerer. I sadly have no idea why it would be happening, but I'm afraid it's some internal Wensoth lua workings and I've barely managed to implement that lua feature that is causing it thanks to InvisibleJames' help.
oh, I meant that this happened in a 4p map with 1 player/3 AIs.
EDIT: btw, it would be nice if instead of having to select a bonus when killing satan, all of the bonuses were applied at once.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
Choicerer

Post by Choicerer »

I'm not sure what you mean. ALL of the bonuses applied at once?
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Choicerer wrote:I'm not sure what you mean. ALL of the bonuses applied at once?
I mean +1 damage, +1 mp, and +5 hp at once.
EDIT: and maybe add +1 ranged damage, and +1 extra hp per level (like with the resilient trait)
Choicerer

Post by Choicerer »

That would be too much. I wanted the bonus to be small.
EDIT: Maybe I could make it customisable, too.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Choicerer wrote:That would be too much. I wanted the bonus to be small.
well, how about making the bonus configurable? (in some maps the current bonus can be nice, but in maps with upgrades, like Colosseum, Orocia, Creep War, etc. such bonus are way too insignificant)
EDIT: oh, you said the idea before I did
EDIT2: idea: how about adding the following togglable option: if satan has leftover strikes when killing a unit, he'll randomly select another target/attack it using the remaining strikes. the process is repeated until satan runs out of strikes.
Choicerer

Post by Choicerer »

Could do that, yeah.
Choicerer

Post by Choicerer »

ForestDragon wrote:
Choicerer wrote:That would be too much. I wanted the bonus to be small.
well, how about making the bonus configurable? (in some maps the current bonus can be nice, but in maps with upgrades, like Colosseum, Orocia, Creep War, etc. such bonus are way too insignificant)
EDIT: oh, you said the idea before I did.
Done.
ForestDragon wrote: EDIT2: idea: how about adding the following togglable option: if satan has leftover strikes when killing a unit, he'll randomly select another target/attack it using the remaining strikes. the process is repeated until satan runs out of strikes.
Done.

1.5 also fixes a bug that affected the 1st attack rule (alternate between opposing teams) if a unit was killed.
ForestDragon wrote:
Choicerer wrote:I've already seen this, and I believe it doesn't have anything to do with the settings, but with Player names being "Anonymous local player". Can you confirm if this happens if you set player names to Forest Dragon?
it seems like this solves the issue. the issue seemingly only happened against AI. it would be nice if you fixed the incompatibility vs ai.
1.5 also fixes AI taking over Satan if there is an AI in the game and messing things up.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

it would be nice if the max hp bonus also increased the satan slayer's current hp by that number
Choicerer

Post by Choicerer »

Done.