Dragon Tournament – Polish edition 2017

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Post Reply
User avatar
Druid
Posts: 189
Joined: June 22nd, 2011, 7:37 am
Contact:

Re: Dragon Tournament – Polish edition 2017

Post by Druid » January 8th, 2018, 8:26 pm

MYFH wrote:OK,I can find time, and check forum everyday. but if kalfat didnt appear or no respond, i got the 3 point right? :)
:shock: No - you would want too much. If you play and win, you will get 3 points. And only then. ;)
Time for easy points is over. :whistle:

MYFH
Posts: 12
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 9:29 am

Re: Dragon Tournament – Polish edition 2017

Post by MYFH » January 8th, 2018, 8:46 pm

Druid wrote:
MYFH wrote:OK,I can find time, and check forum everyday. but if kalfat didnt appear or no respond, i got the 3 point right? :)
:shock: No - you would want too much. If you play and win, you will get 3 points. And only then. ;)
Time for easy points is over. :whistle:
Well, I don't hold too much hope about that.
But I have to say It's not fair. If I was not in server that time, I could understand. But I was in there, u saw me. I fall in sleep because the time table is not friendly to people in my time zone. It's also Why I cant finish all games in December, I have to play in midnight or I dont have much chance to even find my opponent.

User avatar
Druid
Posts: 189
Joined: June 22nd, 2011, 7:37 am
Contact:

Re: Dragon Tournament – Polish edition 2017

Post by Druid » January 8th, 2018, 9:39 pm

MYFH wrote:... But I have to say It's not fair. If I was not in server that time, I could understand. But I was in there, u saw me. I fall in sleep because the time table is not friendly to people in my time zone. It's also Why I cant finish all games in December, I have to play in midnight or I dont have much chance to even find my opponent.
"But I was in there, u saw me." - It is not enough. 8)
By signing up for the tournament you knew the rules. Did you read it?
"4. The tournament is valid Central European Time (UTC + 1) – registration, terms of games ."
"18. Signing up for the tournament is explicit with acceptance of all above-mentioned rules."

Dauntless
TGT Champion
Posts: 181
Joined: October 14th, 2008, 10:16 pm

Re: Dragon Tournament – Polish edition 2017

Post by Dauntless » January 8th, 2018, 10:42 pm

Druid wrote: "But I was in there, u saw me." - It is not enough. 8)
By signing up for the tournament you knew the rules. Did you read it?
"4. The tournament is valid Central European Time (UTC + 1) – registration, terms of games ."
"18. Signing up for the tournament is explicit with acceptance of all above-mentioned rules."
Hi Druid, I agree that strictly speaking you follow the set rules and once again I am glad that you organise this.

However, as you see, this rule about w/o when somebody does not join game at exactly the set time is causing quite a lot of frustration, especially when the opponent is not active at all and does not try to arrange the games.
Looking back at the posts there is a high amount of people who lost a game because they couldnt join at said time or didnt come into the game but were in the lobby and I understand that they feel sorry that the get a loss vs a player who did not come to lobby for several weeks...

If you decide to keep the rules strict here, your decision, but I would really advise to think about this rule for future tournaments. A solution (suggested last edition by Maboul) would be that players have to indicate that they want to continue in tournament some way...

Cheers

Dauntless

MYFH
Posts: 12
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 9:29 am

Re: Dragon Tournament – Polish edition 2017

Post by MYFH » January 8th, 2018, 10:44 pm

MYFH(undead) v Oook(Orcs)
I win.
long game. I didn't think of the Oook giving up all vills to attack(which is a right choice, he got 18units 2of them are lv2 ,all on the left,while I divided part of my forces to steal his vills on another side). In the opponent's army arrives, a few units held several rounds of opponents, bought me enough time to organize resistance.
Attachments
DT_MYFH_v_Oook.gz
(45.67 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

User avatar
Druid
Posts: 189
Joined: June 22nd, 2011, 7:37 am
Contact:

Re: Dragon Tournament – Polish edition 2017

Post by Druid » January 9th, 2018, 1:49 pm

Dauntless wrote:Hi Druid, I agree that strictly speaking you follow the set rules and once again I am glad that you organise this. However, as you see, this rule about w/o when somebody does not join game at exactly the set time is causing quite a lot of frustration, especially when the opponent is not active at all and does not try to arrange the games.
Looking back at the posts there is a high amount of people who lost a game because they couldnt join at said time or didnt come into the game but were in the lobby and I understand that they feel sorry that the get a loss vs a player who did not come to lobby for several weeks...

If you decide to keep the rules strict here, your decision, but I would really advise to think about this rule for future tournaments. A solution (suggested last edition by Maboul) would be that players have to indicate that they want to continue in tournament some way...
Hi. Stubborn :D upss it mean Dauntless. I know that this rulles is not perfect. But if you get something too easily, you do not appreciate it. Until we eliminate players who do not end games, someone will always be lossy. The additional period - this rule should not be used at all, primary term should be enough. - look at gnidaoL. He played all his games until December 9, 2017.
In this tournament the rules will not change but this rules will evolve (for the future). What are your suggestions ? The exact record of the point in the regulations. I promise to think about them. Sorry for "Stubborn". ;)

GROUP A
1. igorbat99 - points 22 (played games 8 )
2. Maboul - points 20 (played games 7 + 1 winning w/o )
3. Solymos-HUN (laddernick: Solymoska) - points 18 (played games 7 + 1 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match)
4. Dauntless - points 16 (played games 7 + 1 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match )

5. Semler - points 12 (played games 7 + 1 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match )
6. Zap-Zarap - points 10 (played games 6 + 1 winning w/o + 1 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match )
7. gnidaoL - points 10 (played games 8 )
8. potyi-HUN - points 6 (played games 6 + 2 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match )
9. glonstons (laddernick: GLOnek123) - points 0 (played games 2 + 6 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match)

GROUP B
1. Mint (laddernick: Bonobo) - points 20 (played games 6 + 1 winning w/o + 1 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match)
2. Ariu - points 18 (played games 6 + 2 winning w/o )
3. shortcat - points 18 (played games 6 + 2 winning w/o )
4. Oook - points 16 (played games 6 + 2 winning w/o )

5. MYFH - points 16 (played games 6 + 1 winning w/o + 1 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match)
6. Ammazzalepri - points 16 (played games 7 + 1 winning w/o )
7. NanRage (laddernick: NanRoig) - points 4 (played games 5 + 3 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match)
8. yanosz - points 0 (played games 1 + 7 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match)
9. kalfat - points 0 (played games 1 + 7 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match )

GROUP C
1. abhijit - points 19 (played games 6 + 1 winning w/o )
2. Waifu - points 17 (played games 7 )
3. Krogen - points 15 (played games 6 + 1 winning w/o )
4. MasterBao - points 15 (played games 6 + 1 winning w/o )

5. plk2 - points 15 (played games 6 + 1 winning w/o )
6. Ephraim - points 13 (played games 6 + 1 winning w/o )
7. Jarom- points 7 (played games 5 + 1 winning w/o + 1 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match )
8. diomed - points 1 (played games 3 + 4 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match )
X. craken1 (laddernick: craken) - points 0 (played games 0 ) - Disqualification (RULES 7.1)

GROUP D
1. Danniel_BR - points 17 (played games 6 + 1 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match )
2. pe_em (laddernick: ForPeace) - points 17 (played games 7 )
3. ElderofZion - points 17 (played games 6 + 1 winning w/o)
4. Weiming_Liu - points 15 (played games 6 + 1 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match )

5. Haldiel - points 13 (played games 7 )
6. clmates - points 11 (played games 7 )
7. bpawel10 - points 11 (played games 5 + 2 winning w/o )
8. amir - points 5 (played games 6 + 1 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match )
X. Rigor - points 0 (played games 0 ) - Disqualification (RULES 7.1)

GROUP B and C :shock: I think the Polish ladder will become "popular". :D
We will wait until 12 January for the final results - until 18:00

User avatar
Druid
Posts: 189
Joined: June 22nd, 2011, 7:37 am
Contact:

Re: Dragon Tournament – Polish edition 2017

Post by Druid » January 9th, 2018, 7:59 pm

Image
I hope magic works.
Kalfat wrote to me that he apologizes but can not play. :( I suggest 2 wild cards (the groups will have 9 players). I think plk2, MYFH, Ammazzalepri, should get a chance to play in the quarterfinals. Because plk2 wrote "pls dont count me out when i reach next stage" - only 2. Of course, if MYFH, plk2 and Ammazzalepri agree.
If everyone agrees. One "no" and there will be no wild cards.
I am waiting until January 12 - until 18:00

At least 9 votes are needed.

1. igorbat99 - Y
2. Maboul - Y
3. Solymos-HUN -
4. Dauntless -
5. Mint -
6. Ariu - Y
7. shortcat - Y
8. Oook - Y
9. abhijit - Y
10. Waifu -
11. Krogen - Y
12. MasterBao - Y
13. Danniel_BR - Y
14. ForPeace - Y
15. ElderofZion - Y
16. Weiming_Liu - Y
Image
Dragon's qualifications - quarter-finals :
plk2 - Y ?
MYFH - Y ?
Ammazzalepri -
Last edited by Druid on January 11th, 2018, 11:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

MYFH
Posts: 12
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 9:29 am

Re: Dragon Tournament – Polish edition 2017

Post by MYFH » January 9th, 2018, 9:46 pm

I would be happy if I have the chance.

User avatar
Elder2
Posts: 349
Joined: July 11th, 2015, 2:13 pm

Re: Dragon Tournament – Polish edition 2017

Post by Elder2 » January 9th, 2018, 9:59 pm

So, we just tell If we agree and that is all? I agree.

User avatar
Krogen
Posts: 150
Joined: January 1st, 2013, 3:43 pm

Re: Dragon Tournament – Polish edition 2017

Post by Krogen » January 10th, 2018, 2:06 am

I agree.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister

shortcat
Posts: 14
Joined: December 17th, 2011, 4:02 pm

Re: Dragon Tournament – Polish edition 2017

Post by shortcat » January 10th, 2018, 6:57 am

i agree

Dauntless
TGT Champion
Posts: 181
Joined: October 14th, 2008, 10:16 pm

Re: Dragon Tournament – Polish edition 2017

Post by Dauntless » January 10th, 2018, 7:54 am

Hi Druid,

I dont understand who the two cards should be given to.

Plk said "please dont count me out". That means that he wants to play. I guess so does MYFH and Ammazalepri. So who are the two players that you meant?

Thanks

DL

User avatar
Druid
Posts: 189
Joined: June 22nd, 2011, 7:37 am
Contact:

Re: Dragon Tournament – Polish edition 2017

Post by Druid » January 10th, 2018, 9:36 am

Dauntless wrote: ...I dont understand who the two cards should be given to. Plk said "please dont count me out". That means that he wants to play. I guess so does MYFH and Ammazalepri. So who are the two players that you meant? ...
@Dauntless "out" :shock: Thanks. My english, :doh: but I wrote to plk2 in this case yesterday - he wrote back to me. I misunderstood. Of course, I also wait for his consent.

If all three agree, they will be dragon's qualifications - quarter-finals.
Image
I am waiting for opinion (Yes/No) from players until 18:00. Opinions will be on yes.
Dragon's qualifications - quarter-finals : January 12, 2018 at 18:30 (waiting time for players - 5 minutes) - two will be promoted.
The winner will be able to choose the quarter-final group. One players will unfortunately fall out.

@MYFH Just do not asleep. ;) I sorry for 18:30.

MasterBao
Posts: 37
Joined: May 19th, 2014, 12:05 pm

Re: Dragon Tournament – Polish edition 2017

Post by MasterBao » January 10th, 2018, 1:37 pm

Yes, i dont mind - If they want to play - it will be representativelly. But in whole - the rules w\o dont have alternative in future tournaments.

User avatar
ForPeace
Posts: 62
Joined: December 12th, 2015, 3:09 pm

Re: Dragon Tournament – Polish edition 2017

Post by ForPeace » January 10th, 2018, 2:03 pm

Aye!
Spoiler:

Post Reply