Unit Equipper mod

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Yomar

Unit Equipper mod

Post by Yomar »

Hello, to everyone.
Some days ago I came up with this idea of being able to buy things like, weapons, armors, potions and so on for the units in multiplayer/Sp mode.
So I contacted a "friend" to implement these features, cause he is much better than me for this kinds of things : :P .
So the Enhanced Unit mod was born.
I did some playtesting, that allowed to fix a certain bug and add a new object to the mod, and shortly after a new version was released.

I think that this mod adds a distinctive "RPGish" flavor to the game.
I also had a lot of fun playing with this mod activated.

This project is far from completion, but fully functional.
Before starting a game, the player can choose if he has to be in the castle or near the leader to be able to buy stuff.
Both options can also be activated if one prefer so.

I attached the last version of the mod here, any bug report and/or suggestions are welcomed.
Attachments
Enhanced_Units_Mod_v_1.01.zip
(33.81 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
Last edited by Yomar on September 25th, 2017, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beholded Wesnoth's Origins.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
ForestDragon

Re: Unit Equiper mod

Post by ForestDragon »

why not just upload it to the add-on server?
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Samonella

Re: Unit Equiper mod

Post by Samonella »

Pretty good, my compliments to you for the idea and your friend for the programming!

Suggestions:
  • Instead of "prize" the menus should say "price"
  • When a unit can't use a menu option, for example it already bought a piece of equipment, it would be better if you didn't display the menu option instead of having a "wrong choice" message when the player selects it
  • I think there should be a limit on how many potions of life a unit can drink. It is really expensive, but since it has a compounding effect it would get really overpowered after enough drinks.
  • The Crown of Charisma doesn't show a price (but it does take away 10 gold when bought)
  • Some of the abilities seem a bit under priced. In particular, Crown of Darkness, Crown of Light, and Crown of Charisma should cost significantly more.
  • Crown of Darkness is buggy: it works during day, but not during dawn or dusk.
The last few months have been nothing but one big, painful reminder that TIMTLTW.

Creator of Armory Mod, The Rising Underworld, and Voyage of a Drake: an RPG
Yomar

Re: Unit Equipper mod

Post by Yomar »

I addressed suggestions and bugs and here are the results..

Changelist.

Bugs and errors
* Instead of "prize" the menus should say "price" = Fixed
* Crown of Darkness is buggy: it works during day, but not during dawn or dusk. = Fixed
* The Crown of Charisma doesn't show a price (but it does take away 10 gold when bought) = Fixed

Suggestions
* I think there should be a limit on how many potions of life a unit can drink. It is really expensive, but since it has a compounding effect it would get really ovrpowered after enough drinks. = Changes are in progress
* Some of the abilities seem a bit under priced. In particular, Crown of Darkness, Crown of Light, and Crown of Charisma should cost significantly more. = Changes in progress

Other Issues
* When a unit can't use a menu option, for example it already bought a piece of equipment, it would be better if you didn't display the menu option instead of having a "wrong choice" message when the player selects it = Not possible right now, because on how the programer set the variables, but issue will be further researched.

After some changes related to prices and so on as adressed in the suggestions section a new version will be released.

P.S.
Curently all the versions will be uploaded here for now, because the programmer has troubles with the uploading process, as for me, well I don't have access to my PC currently, so i can't do it for now, anyway, when the mod will be in a more advanced and stable state, it will be uploaded eventually.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Yuzir

Post by Yuzir »

I like this mod. :D
Yomar

Post by Yomar »

As promised here is the new version of the Unit Equipper mod (Btw, it's official name is "Enhanced Unit Mod" cause the programmer choosed so :) ).
Attachments
Enhanced_Units_Mod_v_1.02.zip
(34.34 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

The last and semi-perhaps-definitive version of the Unit Equipper Mod a.k.a. Enhanced Units Mod is now available on the add-ons server.

Communications about any malfunctions, suggestions and tips maybe posted here!

Have fun!