Speak Mod+

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ForestDragon

Speak Mod+

Post by ForestDragon »

Since I loved playing with the Speak Mod, I decided to make a slightly improved version of it. here are the minor changes compared to Speak mod:
-selecting ok after not typing anything no longer results in sending an empty message
-the menu doesn't appear unless there actually is a unit on the selected hex
-You can only make your side's units talk (in Speak Mod, you can make enemies talk)
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
The_Gnat

Re: Speak Mod+

Post by The_Gnat »

:D That sounds really cool and would be really useful especially for testing all the new portraits i have in my add-on! :D

I have not played the original speak mod, does this works in Single player or just MP?
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

The_Gnat wrote:I have not played the original speak mod, does this works in Single player or just MP?
right now it's MP only. It isn't hard to port it to SP, but I think it's unnecessary.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

ForestDragon wrote:right now it's MP only. It isn't hard to port it to SP, but I think it's unnecessary.
Yeah, i agree that would be pretty pointless (you would just be talking to yourself ;) )
Nikitaw99

Post by Nikitaw99 »

Thanks for fixing my old mod, I stopped working on it anyways. I'm really glad you liked the idea of this mod. I mostly got inspired by a feature in Bob's RPG Era that allows you to make your leader speak.
Hello world!
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Nikitaw99 wrote:Thanks for fixing my old mod, I stopped working on it anyways. I'm really glad you liked the idea of this mod. I mostly got inspired by a feature in Bob's RPG Era that allows you to make your leader speak.
You're welcome! :)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Now that 1.16 stable is only a couple months away, I decided to start porting some of my smaller mods to the new version, and therefore Speak Mod+ is now available on 1.15/1.16