Speak Mod+

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Speak Mod+

Postby ForestDragon » September 21st, 2017, 1:48 pm

Since I loved playing with the Speak Mod, I decided to make a slightly improved version of it. here are the minor changes compared to Speak mod:
-selecting ok after not typing anything no longer results in sending an empty message
-the menu doesn't appear unless there actually is a unit on the selected hex
-You can only make your side's units talk (in Speak Mod, you can make enemies talk)
often helping inferno8 with his add-ons: Era of Magic, and an extremely visually advaned campaign: To Lands Unknown
Creator of Tale of Alan (abandoned) and The Golden Age (my era, also rather abandoned),XP Bank
"Join the code side, we have COOKIES!!!" :)
ForestDragon

Re: Speak Mod+

Postby The_Gnat » September 29th, 2017, 1:29 am

:D That sounds really cool and would be really useful especially for testing all the new portraits i have in my add-on! :D

I have not played the original speak mod, does this works in Single player or just MP?
The_Gnat

Postby ForestDragon » September 29th, 2017, 4:47 am

The_Gnat wrote:I have not played the original speak mod, does this works in Single player or just MP?
right now it's MP only. It isn't hard to port it to SP, but I think it's unnecessary.
often helping inferno8 with his add-ons: Era of Magic, and an extremely visually advaned campaign: To Lands Unknown
Creator of Tale of Alan (abandoned) and The Golden Age (my era, also rather abandoned),XP Bank
ForestDragon

Postby The_Gnat » September 29th, 2017, 7:54 pm

ForestDragon wrote:right now it's MP only. It isn't hard to port it to SP, but I think it's unnecessary.

Yeah, i agree that would be pretty pointless (you would just be talking to yourself ;) )
The_Gnat

Postby Nikitaw99 » October 26th, 2017, 8:47 pm

Thanks for fixing my old mod, I stopped working on it anyways. I'm really glad you liked the idea of this mod. I mostly got inspired by a feature in Bob's RPG Era that allows you to make your leader speak.
Hello world!
Nikitaw99

Postby ForestDragon » October 27th, 2017, 6:56 am

Nikitaw99 wrote:Thanks for fixing my old mod, I stopped working on it anyways. I'm really glad you liked the idea of this mod. I mostly got inspired by a feature in Bob's RPG Era that allows you to make your leader speak.
You're welcome! :)
ForestDragon

Return to Multiplayer Development