Armory Mod - Sp/Mp mod

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Samonella

Re: Armory Mod - Sp/Mp mod

Post by Samonella » June 12th, 2018, 2:52 am

Armory Mod is updated for 1.14! The inventory interface is also improved since my last post here, allowing you to view multiple weapons at once.
The last few months have been nothing but one big, painful reminder that TIMTLTW.

Creator of Armory Mod, The Rising Underworld, and Voyage of a Drake: an RPG

Trossknecht

Re: Armory Mod - Sp/Mp mod - Black Cross of Aleron

Post by Trossknecht » August 26th, 2018, 8:48 pm

Let me start by saying that the Armory Mod is nothing short of epic. Well done, Samonella!

The mod has worked well with all but one of the 1.14 single-player campaigns that I have played. This is the add-on campaign is "The Black Cross of Aleron."

When I play this campaign with the Armory Mod engaged, I've noticed some interesting effects.

1. When a unit levels up to Level 2, it receives a double allocation of new weapons. This applies to both standard units and units that are peculiar to "The Black Cross of Aleron."

2. When I play the fourth game in the campaign ("Descent into the Orcish Realm"), the time needed for the AI to respond to a turn increases somewhat. This increase, moreover, is progressive. Thus, by the time that I reach the eighth term of the fifth game, the AI requires more than an hour to respond.

I have also reported these things on the thread devoted to the "The Black Cross of Aleron."

For an example of the first phenomenon, see the three level-two units (all elvish sorceresses) at hexes (19,9)(19,8), and (19,7) in the following attachment. One of these (Nëmia) is a generic unit. The other two are "speedy" units peculiar to "The Black Cross of Aleron."
BCoA-Reinforcements from Analandoron-Auto-Save8.gz
(872.92 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
For an example of the second phenomenon, see the second attachment.
BCoA-Tracing the Goblins' Path Turn 14 copy.gz
(205.89 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

Samonella

Re: Armory Mod - Sp/Mp mod - Black Cross of Aleron

Post by Samonella » August 27th, 2018, 1:43 am

Trossknecht wrote:
August 26th, 2018, 8:48 pm
Let me start by saying that the Armory Mod is nothing short of epic. Well done, Samonella!
Wow, thanks! :D

Trossknecht wrote:
1. When a unit levels up to Level 2, it receives a double allocation of new weapons. This applies to both standard units and units that are peculiar to "The Black Cross of Aleron."
Looks like the campaign has some code for whenever units level up that's conflicting with mine. Not much I can do except add a warning for when people try to play that campaign with the mod on. :/

Trossknecht wrote:
2. When I play the fourth game in the campaign ("Descent into the Orcish Realm"), the time needed for the AI to respond to a turn increases somewhat. This increase, moreover, is progressive. Thus, by the time that I reach the eighth term of the fifth game, the AI requires more than an hour to respond.
No idea what's happening here, I didn't mess with the ai at all. I guess that scenario must be doing some kind of calculation based on units' attacks.

Thanks for reporting it.
The last few months have been nothing but one big, painful reminder that TIMTLTW.

Creator of Armory Mod, The Rising Underworld, and Voyage of a Drake: an RPG