A Random RPG Adventure

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

PapaSmurfReloaded

Re: A Random RPG Adventure

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

Thank you, Transfermium.

It might be possible to change it so that side 1 get extra units if sides 2, 3 and 4 are empty.
Personally I don't think worth it though, since it is something that would be used exceptionally and will change little.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Update time! The Dungeon Master now may add units by typing their ID, hence it can use any unit from any era, such as the Ageless Era.
Keep in mind that for players to be able to see the unit, all players must have the era from said add-ons.

Secondly, a new map is in included in the add-on, it's called "Underworld", and of course, it is meant to be used with a Human DM.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Updated the game just now.
Fixed some bugs in the Dungeon Master Menu and added Evil Quests in Classic AI DM map.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Made a few changes to some DM Menu (Set Goal, Add New Attack, Remove Attack), and changed a few quest and random battle related things in AI DM Mode.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Update:
The Dungeon Master may now assign Weapons Special to attacks, and a whole range of animations. :mrgreen:
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Just playing with this add-on today a bit. The new additions to the DM mode are great! :D (and the mode itself in general is very fun to mess around with, even when not in multiplayer (in multiplayer it's even more fun)). Glad to see that this add-on is constantly updated!
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Yomar

Post by Yomar »

Yes, cool !
Beholded Wesnoth's Origins.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

ideas after playing the add-on again:
I think it would be great if you added more icons to options in this add-on (for example, item images to the inventory menu, images of enemy units in quest selection menu, and many, many more). This will certainly take a fairly large amount of time to implement for the entire add-on, but it likely would make the add-on look better.
btw, bugreport: the Boreas Keep (in the AI dungeonmaster map) doesn't show as a town (it's also true for all other keeps)
-also, I suggest changing your current 'narrate action' menu option's code (for heroes, not the DM) to this (I tested it in-game. the important difference between the old/new code is that my edited version of this part of code supports unit portraits):
I put the code in this spoiler to make sure that the post doesn't occupy too much space:
-I think random encounters should be disabled for players in, or near towns/castles (in a 1-tile radius (with a radius value for filters), and a 3-tile radius value for keeps (keeps being centers of the <insert plural form of 'radius'>))
-once you fix keeps not being registered as towns by the add-on, I suggest making shops in keeps have a larger variety than those in towns
-speaking of shops, how about making the mix of herbs item sold there (at a high enough price to make gathering herbs in the woods still a better option, though)
-DM menu idea: change the current music (using a list of mainline soundtracks)
-I think the music should change during random encounters, and change back after them.
-idea: add something like a warning on the sign at coordinates 54,79 of the classic map of this add-on. also, how about adding a random encounter to that area (near the DM himself), with undead units?
-idea: add sea/coast-specific random encounters (nagas,sea monsters,etc.), and more area-specific random encounters (wolves and woses in forest, troll in mountains, orcs sometimes in plains/hills, etc.)
-It would be nice if there were location-based events that triggered without going on a quest
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
PapaSmurfReloaded

To forest:
Spoiler:
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Spoiler:
PapaSmurfReloaded

Update:
Added a few more objects, and completed the Good Alignment quests in AI Classic Map.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Fixed the terrain where professions can be carried out.
DM may now change movement points
PapaSmurfReloaded

Update:
The add-on features a new map of Tolkien's Middle Earth.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Update:
A map of Westeros has been added to ARRPGA. Enjoy :)
PapaSmurfReloaded

Update:
Another new map, this time is "Simple Adventure"