A Random RPG Adventure

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Post Reply
User avatar
PapaSmurfReloaded
Posts: 538
Joined: November 17th, 2007, 1:10 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: A Random RPG Adventure

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded » May 22nd, 2018, 7:15 pm

Profession and crafting system has gone back to the way it was before today update (non-individual). I considered it too bothersome to be a good idea.
18th Century Warfare Era, try it out!
A Random RPG Adventure, play it!
Infantry Wars Era, give it a shot!
Zombie Apocalypse RPG, run for your life!

User avatar
PapaSmurfReloaded
Posts: 538
Joined: November 17th, 2007, 1:10 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: A Random RPG Adventure

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded » May 23rd, 2018, 5:38 pm

Modified how potions works, now they have a random effect (example: instead of healing 25, potion heals 4 d6 dices).
Added explosive potion. Changed alchemy a little.
18th Century Warfare Era, try it out!
A Random RPG Adventure, play it!
Infantry Wars Era, give it a shot!
Zombie Apocalypse RPG, run for your life!

User avatar
PapaSmurfReloaded
Posts: 538
Joined: November 17th, 2007, 1:10 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: A Random RPG Adventure

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded » May 24th, 2018, 2:00 pm

A new version is out, with new map, however as weird as it may seem, it is a PVP map for 4 players. :shock:
18th Century Warfare Era, try it out!
A Random RPG Adventure, play it!
Infantry Wars Era, give it a shot!
Zombie Apocalypse RPG, run for your life!

User avatar
PapaSmurfReloaded
Posts: 538
Joined: November 17th, 2007, 1:10 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: A Random RPG Adventure

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded » May 24th, 2018, 5:59 pm

Clash of Heroes is now a standalone add-on, separate from ARRPGA.
18th Century Warfare Era, try it out!
A Random RPG Adventure, play it!
Infantry Wars Era, give it a shot!
Zombie Apocalypse RPG, run for your life!

User avatar
PapaSmurfReloaded
Posts: 538
Joined: November 17th, 2007, 1:10 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: A Random RPG Adventure

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded » May 25th, 2018, 12:30 pm

Improved the random combat for Classic AI Map, now it should be quite more difficult than it used to be in the past.
18th Century Warfare Era, try it out!
A Random RPG Adventure, play it!
Infantry Wars Era, give it a shot!
Zombie Apocalypse RPG, run for your life!

User avatar
PapaSmurfReloaded
Posts: 538
Joined: November 17th, 2007, 1:10 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: A Random RPG Adventure

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded » May 26th, 2018, 10:24 pm

I uploaded a new version containing several bug fixes and cosmetic changes in the Classic Map.
18th Century Warfare Era, try it out!
A Random RPG Adventure, play it!
Infantry Wars Era, give it a shot!
Zombie Apocalypse RPG, run for your life!

User avatar
PapaSmurfReloaded
Posts: 538
Joined: November 17th, 2007, 1:10 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: A Random RPG Adventure

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded » May 28th, 2018, 2:20 am

Update: Now game menu windows do not close after being used.
Also slightly Modify Terrain DM command to make it more convenient.
18th Century Warfare Era, try it out!
A Random RPG Adventure, play it!
Infantry Wars Era, give it a shot!
Zombie Apocalypse RPG, run for your life!

User avatar
PapaSmurfReloaded
Posts: 538
Joined: November 17th, 2007, 1:10 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: A Random RPG Adventure

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded » May 30th, 2018, 2:31 am

In the classic AI DM, now there are random events that cause units(any side) to hurt themselves while moving(such as tripping or losing their grip while climbing). I don't know if they will stay there, it's sort of an experiment.
18th Century Warfare Era, try it out!
A Random RPG Adventure, play it!
Infantry Wars Era, give it a shot!
Zombie Apocalypse RPG, run for your life!

FortTell
Posts: 9
Joined: April 8th, 2018, 10:49 am

Re: A Random RPG Adventure

Post by FortTell » June 2nd, 2018, 9:49 am

PapaSmurfReloaded wrote:
May 30th, 2018, 2:31 am
In the classic AI DM, now there are random events that cause units(any side) to hurt themselves while moving
At least let the players roll a saving throw (even it is automatic). "You trip and take 1d6 damage" is very frustrating because you can not do anything to prevent that, and if it can happen in a critical moment, it will hurt very much. Also maybe unit gets a bonus to the save if said unit has high def%/high move on current terrain? How often does an elf trip in a forest?

User avatar
PapaSmurfReloaded
Posts: 538
Joined: November 17th, 2007, 1:10 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: A Random RPG Adventure

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded » June 2nd, 2018, 12:20 pm

FortTell wrote:
June 2nd, 2018, 9:49 am
PapaSmurfReloaded wrote:
May 30th, 2018, 2:31 am
In the classic AI DM, now there are random events that cause units(any side) to hurt themselves while moving
At least let the players roll a saving throw (even it is automatic). "You trip and take 1d6 damage" is very frustrating because you can not do anything to prevent that, and if it can happen in a critical moment, it will hurt very much. Also maybe unit gets a bonus to the save if said unit has high def%/high move on current terrain? How often does an elf trip in a forest?
The saving throw thing isn't a bad idea.

Tripping on flatland has a 1/100 chance, on forest 3/100, the other events have a 5/100 chance. Which should be rather rare.
Also tripping does not only happen to heroes but enemies too.

I'll remove this feature untiI can improve it.
18th Century Warfare Era, try it out!
A Random RPG Adventure, play it!
Infantry Wars Era, give it a shot!
Zombie Apocalypse RPG, run for your life!

User avatar
PapaSmurfReloaded
Posts: 538
Joined: November 17th, 2007, 1:10 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: A Random RPG Adventure

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded » June 10th, 2018, 4:27 pm

Now narrations appears in the chat log.
18th Century Warfare Era, try it out!
A Random RPG Adventure, play it!
Infantry Wars Era, give it a shot!
Zombie Apocalypse RPG, run for your life!

Meeky
Posts: 9
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 12:33 am

Re: A Random RPG Adventure

Post by Meeky » June 11th, 2018, 12:49 am

Do you run regular games now and then? I'm interested in trying out a lengthier session of this at some point.

User avatar
PapaSmurfReloaded
Posts: 538
Joined: November 17th, 2007, 1:10 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: A Random RPG Adventure

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded » June 14th, 2018, 1:55 am

New Map released. This item it is centered around the Green Isle, the place where the founders of Wesnoth came from. Enjoy!
18th Century Warfare Era, try it out!
A Random RPG Adventure, play it!
Infantry Wars Era, give it a shot!
Zombie Apocalypse RPG, run for your life!

User avatar
PapaSmurfReloaded
Posts: 538
Joined: November 17th, 2007, 1:10 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: A Random RPG Adventure

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded » June 15th, 2018, 3:39 pm

New map, "The Far North" which takes places north of Wesnoth,in the territory of the orcish clannates.
Changed mostly minor things to "The Green Isle" map.
Meeky wrote:
June 11th, 2018, 12:49 am
Do you run regular games now and then? I'm interested in trying out a lengthier session of this at some point.
Sorry for taking long to reply, maybe some saturday or sunday?
18th Century Warfare Era, try it out!
A Random RPG Adventure, play it!
Infantry Wars Era, give it a shot!
Zombie Apocalypse RPG, run for your life!

Meeky
Posts: 9
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 12:33 am

Re: A Random RPG Adventure

Post by Meeky » June 16th, 2018, 2:29 am

PapaSmurfReloaded wrote:
June 15th, 2018, 3:39 pm
New map, "The Far North" which takes places north of Wesnoth,in the territory of the orcish clannates.
Changed mostly minor things to "The Green Isle" map.
Meeky wrote:
June 11th, 2018, 12:49 am
Do you run regular games now and then? I'm interested in trying out a lengthier session of this at some point.
Sorry for taking long to reply, maybe some saturday or sunday?
I'll certainly try to poke around on late Saturday evening and on Sunday morning to see if you're around.

Post Reply