[Complete] PYRA Mettle, Insecurity, Despair - III. PYRAMID Tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Marcepan

Re: PYRA Mettle, Insecurity, Despair - III. PYRAMID Tourname

Post by Marcepan »

Modrzew wrote:Guys, maybe a stupid question, but is it ok that on rice terraces the red player starts with 3 units on the middle of the map? I was literally able to kill the enemy lider with them before he was able to move any of his unit...
Yup, this is exacly what happend
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

You used an old, flawed version of PYRA where i accidentally left the models for the banner in the game. That has been fixed a few days ago.
Sorry for the inconveniences.
bismitch

Post by bismitch »

I'll play.

Username: tetsudo

Leaders:
1. drake warrior
2. drake thrasher
3. fire drake

if any of these arent on list I'll just take whatever drakes are left over.
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

We have momentarily 20 players, which is excellent, because the count has to be divisible by 4.
People can still register, but i cannot guarantee that they will be able to participate (unless they convince others to join too).

Tonight (CET) i am going to release a new pyra version, which will be what we play the tournament with. Do not forget to update before you play!
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

DISCLAIMER 1

PYRA 2.3.3 has been released. This a mandatory patch, and as such you must download it before playing any tournament match. Changes are:
  • Cost of Crawling Horror has been lowered to 15. It was only useful with Dwarvish Witness, and even then picking this would make the build even more vulnerable to rushes.
  • Cost of Dust Devil has been lowered to 26. The presence of cold, fire and/or magical attacks became a norm, therefore it is very hard to engage with it. also i think i miscalculated how disadvantageous swarm attacks are.
  • The movement points of Angry Spirit has been reduced to 5. It was not my intention to give a superior leader to those who have been eliminated. Unhindered 6mp movement along that damage is quickly proven to be too much.
  • Set the starting time of Rice Terraces, Karphiol Valley and Wellington correctly to random.
  • Restored the missing ellipse for five lvl0 units.
DISCLAIMER 2

As reported by Krogen, replays stored on the wesnoth replay server are broken with pyra, do not link to them as a confirmation of a victory! Always save the replay and upload that! The rules have been changed accordingly.

DISCLAIMER 3

On many of the newer, exotic maps showcased in this tournament, Blood Bats recruited by player1 can capture one or more villages of the other side without that side being able to reach. While the testmatches never truly confirmed it as broken tactics, i decided that as a tournament rule, it is forbidden to recruit Blood Bat in turn 2 (the first regular turn). It is still a valid pick and from turn 3 it can be recruited as per usual. Vampire Bats are of course unaffected by this rule.
Victories achieved by buying Blood Bats have to be replayed. Please warn the players about this rule if you see this happen!

DISCLAIMER 4

Pairings and the secret leaders will be announced tomorrow afternoon (CET), so you can play the first matches in the evening.

DISCLAIMER 5

Recently i added a Dread Lich to the leader pool, but that one is just a different appearance for the Spider Lich. If you chose a Spider Lich leader for the tournament, you are allowed to use that one instead if that is your will.
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Chapter 1 - Rice Terraces

The leader picks became public and you can see them here.
As the host of the tournament, i felt obliged to pick the titular mascots, Mettle, Insecurity and Despair. I hinted in person to some players that my secret choices are right under their nose. 8)
From this moment i consider the registration period over. You can still do it, in hopes that someone has to abandon the tournament prematurely, but i cannot guarantee a slot anymore. So, we are 20, which is nice because is a number that is easy to work with.
I made the pairings with the aid of my trusty purple d20. If you are not satified with the results, he is the one to be blamed.

Figure 1 - I can give you his email address, but be warned, he does not check his inbox daily.

The first battles of the tournament will take place on the relatively new (and relatively excellent) home-made grain-themed map. Segmented canals, frontline water villages and a range of impassable mountains freak out those who believe in conservative values. This map was also a major reason why i forbid recruiting Blood Bats in turn 2 as a rule. The layout allows all kind of playstyles, and i had the pleasure to see many of them during the practice matches.

The pairing is:

PLAYER 1 vs PLAYER 2
Krogen vs Mint
Danniel_Br vs ElderofZion
ShadowVeil1 vs Oook
Ammazzalepri vs gnidaoL
marcepan vs ikomizo
abhijit vs Maboul
NanRage vs potyi-HUN
Solymos-HUN vs draghen
modrzew vs tetsudo
Horus vs yanosz

:!: Make sure you control the side which is written above, since you cannot shuffle! :!:

Good luck and have rice!
draghen

Post by draghen »

Very nice job, draghen dice:
Spoiler:
ShadowVeil1

Post by ShadowVeil1 »

First tournament game! Thanks to everyone who observed...
Spoiler:
Attachments
game_for_Oook.gz
(38.29 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
Mint

Post by Mint »

Barring any cataclysmic events, Krogen vs Mint is happening Monday 7pm GMT.
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

I have been asked to upload this, mixed human, elf and dwarf physical build versus witness-supported dustrush.
Attachments
PYRAMID_R1_Ammazzalepri_vs_gnidaoL.gz
(41.77 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
gnidaoL

Post by gnidaoL »

Horus2 wrote:I have been asked to upload this, mixed human, elf and dwarf physical build versus witness-supported dustrush.
Ty Horus! Wp Ammazzalepri! NANI?!?!?!?!?! :roll:
Last edited by gnidaoL on May 24th, 2017, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NanRage

Post by NanRage »

PYRA game vs Potyi-HUN.

I choose like oldladys dwarves grunts and shammys, slow but steady.
Spoiler:
Thanks to observors to be patient to such obsolete way of playing ;)
Attachments
potyi-HUN.gz
(74.89 KiB) Downloaded 394 times
Modrzew

Post by Modrzew »

My battle with tetsudo should begin in about 10 minutes if you want to watch. :)

1 happy opponent, 2 more to go :D
Maybe I should have played at least 1 pyra match before the tournament XD
Last edited by Modrzew on May 21st, 2017, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bismitch

Post by bismitch »

Game replay for tetsudo vs Modrzew
Attachments
PYRA_-_Rice_Terraces_replay.gz
(50.27 KiB) Downloaded 405 times
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Danniel_BR vs ElderofZion
Spoiler: