[SOLVED] Troubleshooting: Side instantiating as defeated

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Can-ned_Food

[SOLVED] Troubleshooting: Side instantiating as defeated

Post by Can-ned_Food »

I've played two sessions with this set of mods:
  • Dismissal_Mod
  • Unitmarker
    Paulomats_flag_mod
  • Color_Modification
    Rav_Color_Mod
    1.1.1a
  • XP_Modification
    Rav_XP_Mod
  • Concede_Defeat
    concede_defeat
  • ChooseYourFlag
    mod_ChooseYourFlag
  • PYR_No_Preperation_Turn
    plan_your_advancements
Both times I did this, Side º2 was unable to capture villages on account of being considered defeated when the match began. I know this because when only two Leaders remained, theirs and one other, the match was concluded and the other Side victorious.
If anyone else has any input to help me narrow down the source of the problem, here's the thread.
Last edited by Can-ned_Food on March 15th, 2017, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gfgtdf
Developer

Re: Troubleshooting: Side instantiating as defeated

Post by gfgtdf »

Can-ned_Food wrote: Both times I did this, Side º2 was unable to capture villages on account of being considered defeated when the match began. I know this because when only two Leaders remained, theirs and one other, the match was concluded and the other Side victorious.
If anyone else has any input to help me narrow down the source of the problem, here's the thread.
Sry but its unclear to me what type of game you are playing and what the allianced were here (1vs1, 2vs2, survival .. ) etc.

Can-ned_Food wrote: PYR_No_Preperation_Turn
plan_your_advancements
These are different and unrelated mods, did you accedently put them in one bullet?

Can-ned_Food wrote: Concede_Defeat
concede_defeat
I think this could be related . Basically what this mod does is that it adds a menu entry to allow you to 'give up' (for the reasoning see https://wiki.wesnoth.org/EasyCoding#Add ... .22_button). If someone doesn't know what this mod does he could easily acciedently click that button which could casue that behaviour, mabye i shodul add some 'are you sure yes/no' dialog to it.

EDIT: Done, i added a 'are you sure yes/no' dialog to it.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Can-ned_Food

Re: Troubleshooting: Side instantiating as defeated

Post by Can-ned_Food »

Ah, thanks for the swift reply. I'd never used the Concede myself, and so I didn't know how it worked. I'd bet decent money that's what was happening.
And yes, I did accidentally mix PYR and PYA.

Cheers and Thanks