[options] feedback

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

enclave

[options] feedback

Post by enclave »

I just would like to share my experience with [options] tag, which allows players to choose options for eras and modifications.
I'm in 1.12, so I don't know if anything is changed in 1.13

I have to do a lot of "!!!!!!!" to make sure that players can spot that there are any options...
Looks very silly, like if I had some kind of fame disorder and need to show everyone how cool!!! my add-ons are!!! and even then most of people probably still have no idea you can set options.

Code: Select all

[modification]
    id=Map_Modifications_by_enclave
    name=_"Map Modifications by enclave!!!"
The options are located too low in the options menu.. below regular game options.. and as a new feature, I struggled to explain people that they actually "can" set options somewhere.. and I had to write help and directions where it can be done.
If the options could be in separate window it would be so much better.. for now I think a lot of players have no idea they exist.
Thanks!
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: [options] feedback

Post by Pentarctagon »

I haven't been on 1.12 any time recently, but here's what it looks like in 1.13 currently:
Screenshot from 2016-10-20 01-47-07.png
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
enclave

Post by enclave »

looks nice..!
are all the options for modification in custom options then? for example if you chosen xp modification, where would you assign the amount of xp needed to get extra strike?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Yep:
Screenshot from 2016-10-20 19-08-48.png
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
enclave

Post by enclave »

Oh that's so cool :)
Please close my topic somebody.. The way it is implemented in 1.13 should be good enough for players to be able to locate settings without big problems.. nice work, whoever done it.
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

question: why not put that right-most batch into that empty space in the middle, or at left edge instead being at the far right, since its the most relevant ?