Changing movetype on cave for all units

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tekelili

Changing movetype on cave for all units

Post by tekelili »

I was not able to find movetype files, but if my deductions are right, elves are onlyones having cave movetype with negative value (it takes worse value). For addons using different special boosts on units, would be much convenient ALL UNITS HAVING NEGATIVE COST MOVEMENT ON CAVE. I can not see adventage of current values, but usually leads to incongruence when you change movetype of a unit on hills and gain speed on cave-hills.

I apologize if my deduction was wrong.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
tekelili

Re: Changing movetype on cave for all units

Post by tekelili »

That is a pretty long file, in case you think I should see something, please, point me what I should look for.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

@tekelili Ravanna's link points to line 654. (Though I think the answer could have a sentence or two in addition to the link.)
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

@ravanna

It might be not important in this case but i reccomend to make such links with specific commits rather than master since it is possible that the file changes before someone opens that link so that the line number migth be wrong then. So for example https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/blob ... s.cfg#L654 in this case.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Main purpose of my posted link was to show where is the file where core movetypes can be found.

That said, having explicitly defined if highest or lowest cost should be used, might be useful.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

pauxlo wrote:@tekelili Ravanna's link points to line 654. (Though I think the answer could have a sentence or two in addition to the link.)
Yea, my bad. Sorry Ravana, I didnt realize you was pointing a line.

I see elves have cave movetype=3 and still cost 3 for them cave-hills. So, why some units get speed on cave-hills when I modify hills movetype?Sorry, I swear I saw this behavior in past, but should be BfW 1.10 stuff because I can not reproduce that behavior now. Currently looks all is working well and my post has no sense :oops:
World Conquest II