Control Points, V 0.1.3!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elivaras

Control Points, V 0.1.3!

Post by Elivaras »

Good morning, afternoon, or evening everyone! Welcome to a semi-new scenario called "Control Points", in which you and other players vie for control of a certain number of spawners located on the map. The base code for this game-mode was made by "Glen", and I completely re-did the map and changed the code accordingly.

So here's how it works. There are four players on the map, and in the way the updated map is set-up, it's best played as a 2v2 (Red + Blue vs Green + Purple). Rather than having a base where you can recruit units normally, you instead start with a spawner (an elf lady who cannot move nor attack) who will spawn one spearman next to herself for you every turn. Around the map are scattered various other spawners, who start off on as a computer controlled black team. These will not move or attack either. When killed, they will be placed on the killer's team, and will start spawning a chosen unit for that team (chosen within the code, IE not chosen by the player), once per turn. These spawners will change hands every time they are killed by an opposing team. You win when all enemy spawners are defeated.

The map is AI friendly, and it works (for the most part) when allied or against (an) AI opponent(s). Be aware that the AI are a little disadvantaged though, as it is easier for you to capture the spawners in the center earlier on since you are, after all, a human controller. Overall, the game-mode is very fun, creative, and fast paced. It breathes some new life into the game.

Here are just a few quick attached images: http://imgur.com/a/W7ITa. The first image is just the condition screen upon your first turn. The second screenshot shows one of the neutral black spawners. the third screenshot shows how it changes hands upon being killed.

Hats off to Glen for creating the game-mode! I am vigorously testing the new map and making edits accordingly. If you would like to try it and leave some feedback, search up "Control Points" in the add-on menu. Cheers guys!

P.S. Running Wesnoth version 1.12.
Transfermium

Re: Control Points, V 0.1.3!

Post by Transfermium »

Seems interesting. Will try.
I have not brought you freedom, I found it here among you.
-Gjergj Kastrioti Skanderbeg