Roleplaying Server/Scenario?

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheCreatorT

Roleplaying Server/Scenario?

Post by TheCreatorT »

Here is a question; are there any MP Scenario's made for roleplaying in mind? I mean customizing characters, units, etc and possibly terrain not for fighting (unless fighting is involved) but for roleplaying? (At this point I am ranting).

If not, would people be interested in that sort of thing? For someone to create a Scenario just for roleplaying?

Or perhaps there is a wesnoth roleplaying server I am unaware of?
Heindal

Re: Roleplaying Server/Scenario?

Post by Heindal »

Our (dugi+others) project "World of Wesnoth" is such a project. It hasn't evolved very far, but its quite playable until its end.

Edit: also SXRPG is project like this. But there are others as well, such as this great infinite dungeon crawler which name I have forgotten.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Yomar

Post by Yomar »

Heindal wrote:Our (dugi+others) project "World of Wesnoth" is such a project. It hasn't evolved very far, but its quite playable until its end.

Edit: also SXRPG is project like this. But there are others as well, such as this great infinite dungeon crawler which name I have forgotten.
It's called Wesband I think (probably called after the roguelike game Angband and its variants like Zangband, BAngband, Craftband, Cryptbang, Dangband, ecc.)
Beholded Wesnoth's Origins.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Wesband? I remember playing that and I can vouch that it can be a good RPG scenario if you get the right people to play it with you. I solo-ed my way to level 12 and then stopped since I got bored of monotony.

I also remember this add-on by artisticdude/artistdude (sorry, I forgot his forum name) about a Wesnothian squire going down the sewers of the city and fighting an undead/demonic invasion. It was a good RPG campaign. Forgot the name of the add-on though.

There was also the Altaz Mariners. Give that a try. Best RPG/MP-Campaign I had ever played.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Yeah it was Wesband, I liked it much to bad it is abandoned. Need to add thanks to the main cfg.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer