[MAPS] CnF Arena & Skirmish

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Can-ned_Food

[MAPS] CnF Arena & Skirmish

Post by Can-ned_Food »

Some rather simple multiplayer maps I've made.
preview of the maps listed, shown with colors of terrain class, composited in 2 rows and 5 columns
preview of the maps listed, shown with colors of terrain class, composited in 2 rows and 5 columns
preview-composite.png (9.97 KiB) Viewed 2781 times
  1. A Clash Beyond The Stars
    I dunno. I guess i was thinking of an old Star Trek trivia game, or maybe old 80's fantasy. Soon as i saw the Ethereal Abyss tile, i knew i needed to do something like this. It has probably been done already.
    I've tested it a little. Seems to work okay with certain choices for the factions. º1 has a notable advantage playing as dwarves; some of that correlates to the quasi-story of the map, but it could be reworked.
  2. Not Atoll What I wanted
    A ring atoll surrounding a tropical island. Very few villages and a small viable area. I advise a faction which does well in water, i.e. better in water than on land for most of its troops.
  3. S. F. A.
    Like the description says: As if there weren't enough of these four–corners arenas already.
    Very small, 18 villages.
  4. To Catch A Predator…
    Four disadvantaged armies face each other and the GameKeepers in the middle. Play with the 5th for Topple The Giant; play King Of The Hill with only 4.
  5. Triangles
    A tiny map — but not one of those teensy 3x4 or the like. My testing with the “AI” has most games end at 6th Round.
  6. Leylines
    This is an experiment in the concept. Castle tiles span the length of the map, interrupted by the no–man's–land in the middle. Keeps are located at ends of the halves, and also in middles thereof.
If anyone wants to take a look at these and offer advice or reports from playtesting, cheers and thanks. I will probably be the only person that likes them.
Last edited by Can-ned_Food on March 16th, 2017, 12:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
The_Gnat

Re: [MAPS] CnF Arena

Post by The_Gnat »

Your maps look really good! I especially like to catch a predator (it would make a good scenario) where can I download these?

Thank you!
Can-ned_Food

Post by Can-ned_Food »

For the time being, I keep it up–to–date on the Wesnoth_1-12 add-ons.wesnoth.org server.

I.e., http://files.wesnoth.org/addons/1.12/CnF_arena.tar.bz2
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Can-ned_Food wrote:For the time being, I keep it up–to–date on the Wesnoth_1-12 add-ons.wesnoth.org server.

I.e., http://files.wesnoth.org/addons/1.12/CnF_arena.tar.bz2
Great thanks!
Can-ned_Food

Re: [MAPS] CnF_arena: Waterfront Wars help wanted advert

Post by Can-ned_Food »

Would anyone be interested in helping, partially or entirely, build one of the incomplete maps?

It is available on the add–on server at CnF_arena/rsrc/space/08_WtrfrntWrs_ed-0-0-0_map, but you can snag a copy here.
Attachments
08_WtrfrntWrs_ed-0-0-0-2_map.gz
Waterfront Wars 0-0-0-2 map
(1.64 KiB) Downloaded 318 times