More than limit players? (RE: More than limite players? )

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

HectorXD

More than limit players? (RE: More than limite players? )

Post by HectorXD »

[My native language is Spanish, excuse the bad translation google translator]

Good morning people forum wesnoth, I'm a new player of this wonderful game and like any good player invite my friends to join the adventure, we have come to hours and hours of play and we decided to make a match of it in our city in the act raises a doubt we will it be possible to play wesnoth 5 vs 5? ie more than nine players ...

I am very new in this forum (I actually register today :v) and i was researching the subject, the only thing I could find was a post 2010
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=29621

As the discussion generated by the post, wesnoth can support up to 200 players, however there are some roll with the interface colors and do you think that in the future it would be possible "Battle of Wesnoth 5 vs 5"?

I have understood according to is an open source game this light does no one has tried even exceed the number of players? How likely would it ?. I hope your answers

PD: do not know if I put the post in a bad category ... I'm new to this forum
ForestDragon

Re: More than limit players? (RE: More than limite players?

Post by ForestDragon »

well, i don't know, but maybe you can make a mp scenario, and use the bonus color code from IftU (it has 3 colors: yellow,pink, and a a different type of light blue, making you able to have even a 6 vs 6 match ;) )
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

On 1.12, multiplayer games can have at most 9 players, on 1.13 this limitation was dropped, but it still has only 9 colors by default, so that players might have to share a color when there are more than 9 players. Even though wesnoth 1.12 can in theroy also have 200 players, this doesn't really sounds like fun since you'd have to wait very long until it is your turn again.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

So if I spawn unit for side 10 (that hadnt any leader or other unit before) then wesnoth and this unit will behave same as other first 9 sides yes?
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.