Need a large map suggestion - details within

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

LlamaDude

Need a large map suggestion - details within

Post by LlamaDude »

Hi-
Total newb here, just asking to see if there are any recommendations for larger multiplayer maps that can be used to support a save file over multiple sessions of play ( I'm thinking at most 100*100, if not potentially a little larger). Me and my friends like to play large-scale multiplayer games and wanted to use Wesnoth as a platform for our next one.

Beyond that, I did find a really interesting map from way back in 2006 (viewtopic.php?t=9795) but I don't know if it is possible to port to the modern game/usable in anyway which would be a sadness given that it is one badass map. If anyone has any suggestions for what to do, then that would also be appreciated.

Thanks, I'll be toddling along now.
ForestDragon

Re: Need a large map suggestion - details within

Post by ForestDragon »

well, here are the 2 maps i know, that might fit what you ask:
Between darkness and light:hack/slash RPG with multiple paths, crowds of enemies and a boss per path at the end
Brotherhood of Light: you play as white mages in this large RPG. it has some similarities to the map you mentioned, has dialogues, and even storyline
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Hello LlamaDude!

I'm still a fan of sx. While the maps of the SXCollection (still my favorite) and the Remake might definitely be too small for you I just love the play-style. The larger maps of the SXRPG are coming closer to your request; maybe the complexity and play-style could make up for the size.
I have a cunning plan.
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

I just found the New Settlers Mappack (unrelated to the other New Land addons!)
There is e.g. a big map of Europe included, among others.

About the map which you posted, I tried to port it with wmllint-1.4, but no luck.
Try out the dark board theme.