Between Darkness And Light [BDAL] v1.2.1, place for feedback

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ChaosRider

Re: Between Darkness And Light [BDAL] v1.2.1, place for feed

Post by ChaosRider »

Leendert wrote:2 remarks about the (great) map:

There is a shop at 80,2 that doesn't open, and I think there's to much melee arcane weapons to pick up.
Is this shop at 80,2 is a shop which is on impossible/unwalkable terrain or its just a shop which after moving on hex doesnt work (shop menu doesn't show up)? If it's second then I would need your game save to check which one of shops has this x=80 and y=2.

Each of possible weapons has same chance to be set as type of one of items :P! So if there was too many arcane weapons then heh (sometimes it happen)... Im still thinking about adding more weapons which will use same images at map (if addon is using images only from Wesnoth core then players without this addon can see all items).

Edit2

Found reason of this shop bug, one of shop x,y variables hadnt at end .x and .y in move_to event. In next version it will be fixed.
Thx for found this bug.

Edit3

Pushed 1.2.0 version of BDAL on Wesnoth 1.12 and 1.10 servers
Now is:
- 26 abilities in shop
- players starts with limit of abilities equal 5, you can increase this limit in shop or by found leather pack (which earlier was giving only 1 more available weapon on unit, now its also adding 1 extra ability point to use in shop)
- when enemy hits you there is 4% + 4% * enemy level (for 0 lvls its 4%) chance to add you one of 20 possible defects.

Defects (20):
Spoiler:
Abilities (26):
Spoiler:
Edit4
Pushed v1.2.1 of BDAL on Wesnoth v1.12.4 and v1.10.0.

Changes:
- in shop
- new abilities
- in spawning enemies (each enemy has now 80% to get new ranged weapon and 20% to get new melee weapon (can get only 1 new weapon each of ai units)
- enemies are now moving - they wont stay as in earlier versions.
- there is 1/9 * 100% chance to spawn another unit when ai unit is spawning.
- game is heavier now (I had 1004 kb to join at start with my other nick on localhost server) - but it's still saveable.
- some items wont be picked up if you have reached limit (like with picking up weapons, if you have picked too much of them then item will stay on a ground - same for rings of terrain defense or resistances (max 60%)).
- increased gold at start from 2k gold to 2.5k gold (and 300 gold bonus if you play without one of human players from game start) so:
2500/6
2800/5
3100/4
3400/3
3700/2
4000/1.

Possible bugs:
- when you pick up yellow potion (your hp is doubled) and in ai turn ai unit will attack you your hp is going back to your max hitpoints value... I don't know why because this is how object/effect looks (and In my opinion it's well written):

Code: Select all

[object]
				silent=yes
				duration=forever
				[filter]
					x,y=$unit.x,$unit.y
					side=$side_number
					canrecruit=yes
				[/filter]
				[effect]
				  apply_to=hitpoints
				  heal_full=yes
				  violate_maximum=yes
				[/effect]
				[effect] 
					apply_to=hitpoints
					increase=100%
					violate_maximum=yes
				[/effect]
			[/object]
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Leendert

Post by Leendert »

Sorry Chaos,

After last update the game won't start.
It loads the shops and items but units cannot move.
Waited for about 10 minutes but nothing happened.
ChaosRider

Re: Between Darkness And Light [BDAL] v1.2.1.1, place for fe

Post by ChaosRider »

Maybe you was changing windows (alt + tab) while spawning items. Had similar problem once, if you will have it again click on the icon of wesnoth (I have it on left side of the screen - on task bar).

Edit

Pushed BDAL v1.2.1.2 on Wesnoth v1.12.4 and Wesnoth 1.10.0 (from this versions of Wesnoth im uploading it on servers)
Because of overwhelming increasing game size (also saves) by code to find and spawn in randomly picked x,y random enemies I was forced to turn it off for now (once I do better code for it this option should be back).
So again 495 kb required at start to join.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Leendert

Post by Leendert »

Tried BDL again today, still a saved game cannot be continued, it got stuck when attacking an enemy.
Leendert

Post by Leendert »

This could be such a great map, however saved games still cannot be played after reloading.
The game gets stuck on my turn after reload, cannot end it cause end turn button stays grey.
Also after playing for a while the game gets stuck suddenly, attacking enemy takes forever and game freezes.
Sometimes i get a limit exceed error while loading a saved game.

Please make this map playable cause i like it so much!!
major_tom

Post by major_tom »

We tested it yesterday and also could not reload a saved game.

is there any workarround, how i can empty the file?