Unit Tool in Map Editor

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Nick-C

Unit Tool in Map Editor

Post by Nick-C »

Hey, new to the forums but long time player (1.0.2) so this may not be the appropriate place to post this here , but:

Using the unit tool, is there any way to add eras to the possible selection of units? I'm a bit confused that the unit tool includes the default era and a few other addon races, but not the Ageless Era or others. Thanks in advance! Love 1.12, as a side note! :D
Kebab_Stronk

Re: Unit Tool in Map Editor

Post by Kebab_Stronk »

Nick-C wrote:Hey, new to the forums but long time player (1.0.2) so this may not be the appropriate place to post this here , but:

Using the unit tool, is there any way to add eras to the possible selection of units? I'm a bit confused that the unit tool includes the default era and a few other addon races, but not the Ageless Era or others. Thanks in advance! Love 1.12, as a side note! :D
Yeah I need to know too!
Jarom
Location: Green Isle, Irdya or Poland, Earth - I'm not quite sure

Post by Jarom »

Load everything except faction configuration files to #ifdef EDITOR. Works for me.
Example from Campaign Units Loader that was removed from add-ons server without any information (complete _main.cfg):
Spoiler:
Also, it can look like this (modified 17th Century Eastern Europe at War _main.cfg):
Spoiler:
SquirrelLord

Post by SquirrelLord »

It won't let me use the unit tool.