Creep War

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

ElderofCheese

Re: Creep War

Post by ElderofCheese » November 22nd, 2017, 9:06 am

Vasya, remove that auto select leader feature, it doesn't just autoselect my leaders but also enemy ones. And even if it did only select mine it still would be annoying. Its an annoying and redundant feature.
@Elder but we have asked for the disclosure of all the cheese and we treat it seriously. Everyone on this site can get banned, everyone.
@Elder ale prosiliśmy o wyjawianie wszystkich serów i traktujemy to poważnie. Każdy na tej stronie może zostać zbanowany, każdy.

- Sagez

vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya » December 2nd, 2017, 11:34 pm

ElderofZion, you're right, that feature was rather annoying. I removed it altogether, nothing is selected anymore, not even your own leader.
Currently I work on configuration options for Creep Wars. A lot has been done already, but it'll mostly get visible only in the next wesnoth version when it'll be released..
My add-ons: CreepWars, berserk_limiter, Afterlife.

Ravana

Post by Ravana » December 5th, 2017, 9:09 am

Consider changing poison value in creep war - early turns it could be less than 8, and later could be higher.

vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya » December 6th, 2017, 8:26 am

The problem with "poison" ability is that it's global to all units. Which would make attacks of any ghouls/wolfs/assasins stronger: https://wiki.wesnoth.org/AbilitiesWML#T ... als.5D_tag
Regeneration, by contrast, can be made per-unit. IDK what to do best about it, it seems a bit strange to alter poison globally. What do you think?

vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya » December 6th, 2017, 12:13 pm

I think it's time to stop hijacking this post and move to a separate thread instead.
After all, Creep Wars [Dev] has diverged significantly already.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=47655

WurmD

Post by WurmD » December 25th, 2017, 9:47 am

How cool that this is still going strong years from its creation :D

Trivial bug report: The starting intro mentions a FAQ in the "Help", but no FAQ is visible
EDIT: Found it! Right click on hero XD