Poacher XP requirements ?

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Yomar

Poacher XP requirements ?

Post by Yomar »

The other day I was playing as Knagla, my adversary was playing well, but I won by levelling a lot of Poachers, do they really require only 20xp to advance, actually 16 if Intelligent ? Or I accidentally modified my game ? 16 xp means only 2 kills to advance, I'm asking, because when I check on the official Wesnoth Unit Database site under the 1.10 version, it says that Poacher require 29 XP. (That actually seems more reasonable to me).
So or ether I modified accidentally my game or the unit database has an error.
Beheld the origins of BFW.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: Poacher XP requirements ?

Post by Turuk »

The default settings for a multiplayer game are for experience to be set at 70% in order to allow players to level units more easily, otherwise you could play multiple games without getting a level 2 unit. That is where your 20 xp requirement comes from for the Poacher, it's not an issue with your copy of the game or the database.
Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 6.14.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 6.14.55 AM.png (48.42 KiB) Viewed 1735 times
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Normal multiplayer game settings play at 70% expereience thus intelligenet poachers take 16 xp to level (2 kills). This is an intentional part of the units design.

EDIT: Ninja
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Velensk wrote:EDIT: Ninja
So close in timing it was almost creepy.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time